I need help with barrel understanding

Ironworker- Rock makes a hell of a 6mm barrel. He used to make all of Pindells 6 mm barrels. Pindell is the creater of the BR king cartidge the 6 PPC (6 Pindell and Palmisano Cartidge)
Rock had the M24 sniper rifle barrel contract so he's not as well known as Krieger, Hart etc. But he is the best kept secret in the custom rifle world. I feel he produces the most consistent accurate cut rifled barrel out there. With around 75% of the 308s I build averaging 1/4 MOA and the rest 1/2 or under speaks volumes for Rock's tubes.

OK guys , I've narrowed down my choices to Kreiger and Rock , the prices seem to be about the same , I'd like to have the barrel fluted does anybody know if either makers offers differant size flutes or is it just a generic size? They'll be for looks mostly but every extra ounce I can trim off would help.

The fluted Krieger's I have seen has 12 little bitty flutes. Rock will do six standard flutes or will do 5 or 6 real deep flutes that will really reduce the weight. They look good and shoot great.

Chris

Have you talked to Mike lately? I had ordered a barrel from him and he said it was done and wanted my address to ship. That was about a month ago. I have sent numerous emails to confirm that it was shipped so it didn't get lost in the mail but no response. I have tried to call a few times but got noone to answer. All my emails have been not responded to. I know he is a busy guy i just don't want the barrel( if shipped) sitting in LA LA land and not no about it.

I will keep trying to get ahold of him\

Thanks
Matt

[ 08-06-2004: Message edited by: Matt27 ]

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.