I drew a Antelope tag

At the speed of that cartridge, I'd stick with a heavy for caliber cup and core bullet. My last one at 300 yds was hit with a Berger 168 7RM and went down after one spin. The Barnes types for this thin skinned animal might have to be tracked a while.

Congrats on the draw! That 257wby is going to fit perfectly for lope hunting.
I'd also consider the Hornady SST 117gn, Berger VLD-H 115gn, Barnes TSX 115gn and Hornady ELDX 110gn.

image.jpg

I've killed a half dozen or more goats with the old 100 TSX at about 3200 FPS out of the .257 Roberts. From 180 - 400 yards and all DRT. The BC on the TTSX you're considering is better, and your starting velocity will be higher. It'll be just fine, and perfect in your twist. No need to go nuts over super long range bullets.

My two cents.
Congrats on the hunt and have a great time!
Rex

Regarding cup and core from the 257: i use the 100 game king, a non-bonded cup and core, in 25-06 for marmots/rock chucks because of its fragility and frangibility. I realize this may be the softest 100gr .25 bullet and may not represent all cup and cores, but the 257 is several hundred fps faster than the '06. Feel free to use a little harder bullet if you intend to shoot through a shoulder or, heaven forbid, a hip.
As i love speed goat meat, I always tend toward a meat saver shot, whether facing me or broadside. Expect meat loss with the faster, bruising rounds, regardless of bullet construction, but harder bullets seem to bruise less meat in my experiences.

257 Weatherby is a perfect choice for antelope. I have had a lot of success with 110gr Accubonds-- bc .418. You are limited with the 10 twist but this bullet at 3500+fps will get you well out past 500 yards with plenty of energy to kill a speed goat. These bullets have been hard to find even before the recent tightening on components. I would expect the Interbond will have similar results to the Accubond with slightly lower bc. I have had fantastic results on mule deer with 130gr Interbonds on mule deer in a 270 win.- they open up quick and hold together pretty well.

I am currently building a fast twist 257 Weatherby to shoot the 131 Blackjacks and the new Bergers that were announced and will hopefully be coming out soon. I may have an extra box of 110gr Accubonds I can part with as I dont see myself using them once my new rifle arrives. You really cant go wrong- pronghorn are easy to kill and any bullet your rifle shoots well and you have confidence with will get the job done. Good luck- if you haven't hunted antelope before you're in for a treat-- they are very enjoyable to hunt.

257 Weatherby is a perfect choice for antelope. I have had a lot of success with 110gr Accubonds-- bc .418. You are limited with the 10 twist but this bullet at 3500+fps will get you well out past 500 yards with plenty of energy to kill a speed goat. These bullets have been hard to find even before the recent tightening on components. I would expect the Interbond will have similar results to the Accubond with slightly lower bc. I have had fantastic results on mule deer with 130gr Interbonds on mule deer in a 270 win.- they open up quick and hold together pretty well.

I am currently building a fast twist 257 Weatherby to shoot the 131 Blackjacks and the new Bergers that were announced and will hopefully be coming out soon. I may have an extra box of 110gr Accubonds I can part with as I dont see myself using them once my new rifle arrives. You really cant go wrong- pronghorn are easy to kill and any bullet your rifle shoots well and you have confidence with will get the job done. Good luck- if you haven't hunted antelope before you're in for a treat-- they are very enjoyable to hunt.
My favorite hunt for sure. Especially jogging in the low areas to close the gaps, using terrain and brush to sneak up on the heard from a few miles away. They are a challenge to not get busted. My last was with a muzzleloader. You're going to enjoy this gift.