I can't decide...

Well, I think I would be ok with spending a little more, but I want a wilder field of view than a 6x will provide.
I'm still up in the air as to what I will get. I probably have some time though because Savage is taking forever to build the gun. It's been 6 weeks and they can't even give me a date. I will NEVER order another custom gun from them. They only have one lady that knows what is actually going on in the custom shop and she absolutely never 100% of the time returns phone calls. She is nearly impossible to get on the phone as well... :end rant:

I dealt with Effie at the Savage custom gun shop. I was having a similar experience. I started calling once or twice a day to see what was going on. She knew my name and my gun by the time it was over. It wasn't the smoothest situation, but the gun is great. I would do it again. If you get your gun in under 10 weeks, I'd call it a win. I suspect once you have that war wagon in your hands, you'll be satisfied.

You know what I think I may have to resend my statement about the Sightron SIII. I just ran the 338 through its paces today with about 50 rounds down range and on round 39 I noticed a small speck on the inside of the eyepiece. It is part of the front ocular and can be moved with the parelax focus. I did not expect this at all, especially just a day after I wrote what I wrote, but you can bet I will send this scope in for replacement.

Montanarifleman I stand humbled.

The Kid.

It wasn't my intent to humble anyone. I get humbled now and then myself - I usually do it to myself :)

Bottom line being, you usually get what you pay for, and IMO, when you compare a NF to other scopes of comparable quality and function in the upper end class, I think you get a little more. I have one, and to me, it's the perfect LR hunting scope. And you just almost never read about problems with them. When you click off 10 MOA on the turrets, you get 10 MOA of correction and there is no scope that i know of that will take more of a beating. Some say a USO might be more rugged and that might be true, but i would like to actually see a side by side test for recoil endurance and shock.

There are some lesser scopes that are good scopes, but you are just taking more of a chance with them.

-Mark

If you get your gun in under 10 weeks, I'd call it a win.

3FingerVic: Hate to go off topic, but I'd be pleased as punch if all it took were 10 weeks for a rifle. Last year I got a lefty Stag Arms. That was 11 months after I ordered it. Had a custom rifle built once. Took 13 months (they said 6-9 when I ordered it). Currently waiting on a lefty Savage 116. The 4 month mark is coming up in about a week. Years ago I ordered a lefty Ruger from Wal-Mart. Took about 12 weeks. Wouldn't have minded if they told me twelve weeks when I ordered it, but they said it'd be about a week.

Okay, okay, I lied. I really don't hate going off topic:D

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.