OK. I can't stand it anymore..!!

Re: OK. I can\'t stand it anymore..!!

Hee hee...
wink.gif

there-usually denotes a place or point.. "Get away from there..!!" Or.. "You take it from there.."

their-of or relating to them or themselves.. Usually posessive.. "Liberals are just Republicans that have not had their goods stolen or their lives jeapordized yet.!!"
--------------------------------------------
threw- past of "throw".. " He got so mad at that *** Savage he threw it downrange.!!"

through- (1)in one side and out the other.. (2)Finished.. " That Sierea MK went in this side and clear through to the other.!! I'm through listening to that BS on some other boards.!!"
--------------------------------------------
..And just for future reference.. It's spelled "y'all"..
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Dang yankees.. JiNC

[ 04-22-2003: Message edited by: Jake in NC ]

Jake,
Are you talking about the southern word pronounced "THIE-yurrr", or is it "THAY-yurrr"? I don't recall anyone ever saying "thair" when I have been in the southern states. Of course most of my southern friends can also turn BEAR into a three-sylable word
grin.gif
""You shot a WHAT?""

As for through vs threw, why not just use thru, to hell with the dictionary.
"Bobby-Jo thru up thru the back window of his sisters' 4by4."

.Ya see.. Typical yankee.. Ya forgot the "ah" on the end of your phonetic representations of "southspeak"..
rolleyes.gif

.. It's "THAY-yurrrah"..

BTW.. Can anyone enlighten me as to why "phonetically" isn't spelled the way it sounds.?
grin.gif
JiNC

Ian thats Bobbie-jo n thars nuthin wrong with huntin Baars
grin.gif

Jake whadda mean Y'all
wink.gif
Hey this here is the only place I can talk like I feel (ma's a school marm) and she tan my black hide ifn she heard that.
shocked.gif

.. I s'pose Sierra is one both yanks and sesesh can agree on.. Sounds the same no matter where ya are..

Now if you gentlemen will exscuse me, I'm off to the club for a little lead slingin' and campfire action... d:^) JiNC

PS- The new toy from CJ arrived today.. As soon as I get the rest of the goodies it requires I'll be onto that little project will much enthusiasm..

Well jake we agree on one thing a savage is a ***, and though i live in the arm pit of the world (south fla) in was born in johnson city tenn . And proper grammar is a real tuff one for a hillbillie but, hukd on foniks wurkd 4 me. ebb

Now ya went and done it Jake....I don't mind the part about at least TRYING to use the language correctly....BUT LAY OFF THE SAVAGE TRASHIN!!!!!!!!!

LOL...Born in Salisbury, NC and dayum proud of it!!!!! Go the stars n' bars inked in my arm to prove it!!!!!!!
wink.gif

SAVAGE TRASHIN - sounds like some rockpunk band.
You guys seemed to enjoy the little anecdote with the thumb and the decapping pin. Here are the details
mad.gif

Decades ago. Lived in a small apartment. No loading bench, so set up in a small closet. Liked to prairie dog shoot down at Fort Belknap in Montana. Had some very good shooting .22-250's and 2000 rounds of brass. Cranking that much ammo with an RCBS Junior was somewhat time consuming. 33 grains of 3031 and a 53 hollowpoint. Sized, de-lubed and primed all the brass but did not get to the powder and bullets. Time was running out.
Cranked one evening, went to work, back to the loading bench and back at it - had a hell of a bunch of cases to load. Total repetition. Put 50 brass into the loading block (only had one), throw the charges (weighing ever 50th...), put the block on a little table with an open box of bullets and start crankin bullets into cases. About 4.00 a.m. (?) was getting a little groggy, kind of lost focus. Everything got quite sharply focused when my thumb started to get pinched between the top of a case and the bottom of the seating die. Thumb happed to be situated on top of a charged case. Had drifted off and didn't even have a bullet in between that thumb and forefinger. Hurt like hell for an instant - sort of a sharp pinch. Unfortunately my reaction was to pull down on the press handle. Then it really got nasty as the pin went thru the thumbnail - as in flash of freaking pain that woke me right up. Figured out that I should be pushing the handle UP real quick.
Did the old Decapping Pin Thru the Thumbnail Dance, had to keep silent as my little wife was sound asleep, sure as hell didn't want her to know what I had just managed to do. She figured me and my friends were all crazy when it came to shooting anyhow. Put it under cold water for a while, bandage and back at it. Big bruse on the underside of the thumb also. Not great for lining up the bullets when you couldn't feel your thumb but actually loaded ammo all night, headed on the p-dog trip the next morning.
While I am at it - how about this one. A friend whacked his thumb with a hammer, got a huge blood-blister under the nail. Woke up in the middle of the night because the thumb was throbbing ugly. Pain was not good, getting worse.
Went downstairs to his workshop, decided to relieve the pressure by holding the thumb under his drill-press and drilling a hole thru the thumbnail. Put a brand new bit into the press, turned it on and lined his thumb under the bit. Hurt like hell as he slowly cranked the handle downward. Then blood squirted like it was shot out of a syringe. Pressure was gone and he went back to bed. Found out later that the best thing to do is simply heat a needle, touch the nail and it will melt and the blood and pressure will be released. That would be too easy...
What all this has to do with long range hunting is not clear, but what the hell, I need a break from cranking .308 ammo.

Ian you hadn't had some of that foamed ice tea earlier in the evening hadya?
wink.gif
Not to talk bad about anybody but sounds like your buddy had a cerebalanalinsertion at the time.

Guess we all have done something along those lines.

No "dang" about it. That would be "**** Yankees!" The difference between 'Yankees' and '**** Yankees' is that the latter doesn't go home.
grin.gif
I'ma fixin' ta git ready ta go ta tha woods an shoot sumpin. No more a thes talkin'....

Butchers use a knife, I prefer a chainsaw. Y'all have a nice day now, y'hear?

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.