Huskemaw?

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Huskemaw?

WOW, I continue to be amazed at how polarizing the Huskemaw and BOTW is amongst us. Actually if my pockets were deeper I would have one of everything, Husky, G7, Greybull, Swaro, Ziess, US, Vortex, am I leaving anyone out ?
lots of good toys.

On the new 3x12 Husky, not sure how it will market. I have one of the originals and love it but to me the advantage over the Greybull was having 20X. There are so many other proven options in the lower magnification range.

WOW, I continue to be amazed at how polarizing the Huskemaw and BOTW is amongst us. Actually if my pockets were deeper I would have one of everything, Husky, G7, Greybull, Swaro, Ziess, US, Vortex, am I leaving anyone out ?
lots of good toys.

On the new 3x12 Husky, not sure how it will market. I have one of the originals and love it but to me the advantage over the Greybull was having 20X. There are so many other proven options in the lower magnification range.

I have nothing against BOTW per say. I would say it is odd that all their best talent has left them for other products.

I have nothing against BOTW per say. I would say it is odd that all their best talent has left them for other products.

In my opinion John Burns gave a lot of credibility to the show and products while he was there. When he left I was disappointed. If John Porter leaves and starts hawking another product it will really bust my bubble. I really dont get the impression that he is the kind of guy to do that though.
It really did not surprise me that the "product engineer" left to further his own interest. It appears that there wasn't enough room at the top of the ladder at BOTW for him to climb any higher. The G7 scope makes his leap much easier because of the credibility of NF. Can you imagine how his new venture would have been received with a scope that nobody had ever heard of like the Huskemaw was when it was introduced ?

In my opinion John Burns gave a lot of credibility to the show and products while he was there. When he left I was disappointed. If John Porter leaves and starts hawking another product it will really bust my bubble. I really dont get the impression that he is the kind of guy to do that though.
It really did not surprise me that the "product engineer" left to further his own interest. It appears that there wasn't enough room at the top of the ladder at BOTW for him to climb any higher. The G7 scope makes his leap much easier because of the credibility of NF. Can you imagine how his new venture would have been received with a scope that nobody had ever heard of like the Huskemaw was when it was introduced ?

From what I heard, several scope companies wanted his services with gunwerks.

John Burns was BOTW. It won't be the same without him. Love his GreyBull products though.

Because you can get a GreyBull Precision that has better glass, better warranty, better reticle and 4.5-14x50mm power.

IMO, Huskys only leg up on GBP was their 5-20 setup. If they don't have that, there is zero reason to buy. Plus GBP puts their scopes on their rifles that come in only 3 calibers: 243, 264 Win Mag, 7 Rem Mag. So you know they have used the 243 extensively when developing and testing their glass.

you sure seem to have something agaist husky but whatever turns your crank:cool:,i do not own a husky or grey bull & still cant see why one is better than the other.please explain & show how grey bull has a better warranty,husky replaces any issues you get a new scope.glass show me data saying one is better than the other.reticle i think this is a matter of opinion.

There is no factual data about any scope being "THE BEST" anywhere it does not exist. But if you want to get up to speed on this debate it will save everyone time if you read the thread from start to finish.

you sure seem to have something agaist husky but whatever turns your crank:cool:,i do not own a husky or grey bull & still cant see why one is better than the other.please explain & show how grey bull has a better warranty,husky replaces any issues you get a new scope.glass show me data saying one is better than the other.reticle i think this is a matter of opinion.

Of course it is opinion. That is why I put IMO before my statement. You need to read more and post less on this thread. The discussion is well defined in previous threads. You have never owned a Husky yet you know their return policy from experience??? You haven't owned either and yet you are certain one is better than the other???? Interesting. I personally think it is easy to see the difference in quality of glass between the GBP and Husky.

I say again, both are good options though. I don't think GBP over markets their gear like BOTW does. They have become used car salesmen in their approach, and I just don't like it.

When John left them, then gunwerks followed suit, they lost several steps IMO.

Of course it is opinion. That is why I put IMO before my statement. You need to read more and post less on this thread. The discussion is well defined in previous threads. You have never owned a Husky yet you know their return policy from experience??? You haven't owned either and yet you are certain one is better than the other???? Interesting. I personally think it is easy to see the difference in quality of glass between the GBP and Husky.

I say again, both are good options though. I don't think GBP over markets their gear like BOTW does. They have become used car salesmen in their approach, and I just don't like it.

When John left them, then gunwerks followed suit, they lost several steps IMO.

you sure have a real issue when someone shows that all your posting is opinion instead of fact.i form my opinion from actual facts but hey thats just me:rolleyes: thats how i know husky warranty is over the counter replacement, i have been to a dealer & looked at one.i have no opinion on greybull because i havnt looked at one & held it,thats why( if you would spend more time reading instead of posting) I DID NOT SAY ONE WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHER.oh & always remember the great thing about forums is opinions are like EDIT everybodys got one:D

Last edited by a moderator:

you sure have a real issue when someone shows that all your posting is opinion instead of fact.i form my opinion from actual facts but hey thats just me:rolleyes: thats how i know husky warranty is over the counter replacement, i have been to a dealer & looked at one.i have no opinion on greybull because i havnt looked at one & held it,thats why( if you would spend more time reading instead of posting) I DID NOT SAY ONE WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHER.oh & always remember the great thing about forums is opinions are like EDIT everybodys got one:D

I have no problem, other than that it is you that seems to be picking the fight, about something that no one is really arguing about anymore. I said there is no reason to buy a 3-12 Husky with the GBP 4.5-14 available, none. No to mention it would take you seconds to realize that GBP has a lifetime warranty for the scope and Husky has it for the first owner, so Husky doesn't have a better warranty. Funny how facts work. You did say you saw no reason why Husky was worse than GBP, but then you say you haven't looked at a GBP. I seems you opinion isn't based on anything, and mine is at least based on comparison and use. I have used both scopes in the field by the way, and killed things with both, so you may want to re-evaluate your 'opinion' in relation to mine. Nice try though.

Last edited:

once again i( never not once at all said one was better than the other )simply
wanted to know how you got your info, not once did you say you used
both.you were the only one saying one was better than the other now you say you did shoot both & thats how you know great thats what i was looking for.but for the final time stop saying i said something when i did not ,you are the only one picking a fight by posting something i did not say. i think you need to get out & do some of thisgun)it clears my head mabey it will do the same for you.anyway i wont say anymore if you stop posting stuff i did not say & now we are way off topic i apologize to the op.:cool:

Didn't say that did ya? Again interesting.

If you had read the posts before posting this, you wouldn't needed to personally attack me and would have had the answer. Instead, you re-asked what had already been answered. Which is precisely why I said you should have read more and posted less.

If you have never used both, then of course you could see why one was better than the other, which is why you can read through this thread and find out. Cheers!:)

Hey, guys, get a room.

Couldn't agree more.

Len - you'd get my vote if you hammered this thread. I come into this every once in a while just to see if someone has found any common sense - it just keeps getting worse. Sounds like we picked up some experience from The Hide.

cowboy

I thought about closing it but decided we all should be able to act like adults. Closing threads just lets the children run the household.

So, guys, let me make it clear. Don't make this thread personal. The rest of us don't enjoy reading through that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.