Huskemaw scope

A friend of mine has one and killed a lot of elk and deer with it. Says longes shot was 652 yards on an elk. I did load work up on it for him with hammer bullets and he had a turret made that works on steel to 600 easy enough. I thought the glass was really good. That’s all I have for experience with it. It’s an older one

I have used Huskemaw for about 15 years now and been very satisfied. For a hunting rifle it's hard to beat them on size and weight. Very reliable tracking for dialing range. While the .33 moa clicks are a little different it does provide greater elevation adjustment.
The glass clarity is very good, and the huntsmart retical is simple and effective to use in hunting situations.
I went many years with no need to contact customer service but recently called them to ask about a new zero stop / indexing ring and they immediately sent me a couple new ones free of charge. A few weeks later I called needing a new laser engraved turret for an adjusted load, I gave my data over the phone and 4 days later it arrived in the mail. I call that excellent customer service. I have been very happy and figure my next scope will also be a Huskemaw.

I bought one 15 years ago. The
Blue Diamond series.
It started to have tracking issues when the moa went above 7 moa
I called and arranged a return. They sent me a new scope. The glass on the new one is MUCH better than the older model. The new one tracks true. It's the only Huskemaw I have. The rest are Nightforce.

I acquired a couple of Huskemaw 5x20 scopes about 15 years ago, seriously considering them to be my my first scopes used for long range hunting. I have taken over 30 whitetail, mule deer, antelope at ranges from 500-1200 yards. I used them extensively for about 6 years. Turret accuracy, glass quality, and reliability was on par with my Nightforce NXS scopes, but in a lighter weight(24oz) and more compact size. They perfectly held zero. I particularly liked the reticle weighting and tracking accuracy/repeatability, and indexed parallax control. I used them with MOA turrets/turret tapes as opposed to yardage turrets. While I have since upgraded to tier one designs(ie ZCO), I still have them mounted in a couple of my rifles, and would have no problem putting them to LR use. Great value for the $$. IMO.
D418D290-6628-4327-A130-1C29BC114352.jpeg

Anyone have one of these or used one? How do or did you like it
Got a Huskemaw back when the Davidson Bros were still at helm. Put it on a 257 WBY Mag. Got load developed, turret dialed in and set. It has been my least adjusted scope from year to year for the last 10 plus years. Can’t speak for newer iterations but I will never ever take this scope off this gun for the rest of its life. Not the best glass I have in safe but it has done right by me so far.

I have used Huskemaw for about 15 years now and been very satisfied. For a hunting rifle it's hard to beat them on size and weight. Very reliable tracking for dialing range. While the .33 moa clicks are a little different it does provide greater elevation adjustment.
The glass clarity is very good, and the huntsmart retical is simple and effective to use in hunting situations.
I went many years with no need to contact customer service but recently called them to ask about a new zero stop / indexing ring and they immediately sent me a couple new ones free of charge. A few weeks later I called needing a new laser engraved turret for an adjusted load, I gave my data over the phone and 4 days later it arrived in the mail. I call that excellent customer service. I have been very happy and figure my next scope will also be a Huskemaw.
Wait...

Your MOA clicks are in MILs???

I have 7 of them from the first in production to the New Tactical model on a 300 PRC. Every one works great and never had an issue with any of them. Read directions and do exactly what they say to do and it will work. If you are reloading make sure your loads are totally developed. Yes the glass is not the best but I am not counting points on a buck at 1500 yds , I have a spotting scope for that, so the glass is good enough.

Nealm66 , the glass is fine , it may not be as good as swaro. Or nightforce or bender but for a scope to see cross hairs and shoot a deer I think there fine, I think a lot of people think a scope is for looking at things, that’s where a binoculars or a spotting scope comes in. When I pick up my rifle and start to look , it’s to shoot with I have already decided with the other optics if I am going to shoot or not

Ya, this was an older one and i only did load work up with it. If I can see my bullet holes in white cardboard at 500 meters I feel like it’s good glass but I realize there’s more to it.