Hunting in America

Ramza708

Hey folks!

So, this is a long shot in the dark but I really enjoy hunting and very interested in visiting the United States! I will be happy if you fine lads can lead me the right way, Im very keen to do some form of Snow hiking (I love the cold!). With some mountain ranges and plenty of forestry will be a nice extra. However my understanding of which state to visit is rather daunting and maybe a gun friend state will be a plus as I can try out some full-auto firearms? If you guys have any hints or tip I will be glad to have some!

Cheers.

sorry I just realized the title is not really on point, I thought of hunting in the US but thought it was too much of a hassle.

Well you certainly left that wide open.

In most of the Western US (which sounds like what you'd enjoy) you have to apply for licenses through a public lottery system to hunt public land, (gov't owned land) Each State has different game laws and seasons. There are millions upon millions of acres available but it can take you years of trying to draw a tag. You also need local knowledge to be successful more often than not at least with respect to having a good chance of getting a nice trophy mule deer or elk.

Most of our big game will move down out of the high country once the snow begins to fall to the lower elevations where food remains easier to acquire.

In most of these states you can hunt private land by buying a landowner tag. They are generally available through outfitters.

Alaska has probably the most to offer as far as number of species and lack of having to go through a lottery to get the tags for most species. They also have some of the most rugged wilderness country left of the planet. To get to those truly wild areas usually requires a small plane and unless you want to really risk your life you need to hire an outfitter to take you.

Your budget will also largely dictate what kind of experience you can have here.

Ummm; that dog bites.
"Full auto" and "hunting" are mutually exclusive terms.
I didn't catch that but they aren't mutually exclusive.

He could spend a day at one of several ranges in NV that cater to the full auto crowd and then go on with his hunt.

I don't know of a state where full auto is legal for hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.