Hs Persision stock

Rem81

I had bought a hs Persision stock that is not painted yet. The barrel channel is alittle bit bigger than barrel so I am going to fill up the barrel channel with some type of epoxy then have them paint it. I want the barrel channel to fit alittle closer so less dirt can get in between. What epoxy would you use and what clearance is exceptable maybe 3 layers of masking tape?

I Bed, the Recoil Lug and about, 1.5 Inches of the Barrels "Shank" Portion then, Free float the Balance of bbl. ( be sure to, support the Barrel, WHILE,.. Drying so, it doesn't,.. SAG ! ).
I used One layer of, a fairly thick, Duct Tape over, one layer of, Masking Tape to, produce the desired "Space" around, my Barrel.
My HS stock with, a Rem 700 Action and 6 XC cal. Criterion Barrel, shoots,.. 5 shots into, One Ragged Hole, in the .2's - 3's bedded, this way.
Marine Tex or, Brownell's Acra-Glass will both, work, FINE !

Or Pro Bed 2000. Much better than Acraglas in my opinion. Never used the MarineTex, so don't know about it.

I had bought a hs Persision stock that is not painted yet. The barrel channel is alittle bit bigger than barrel so I am going to fill up the barrel channel with some type of epoxy then have them paint it. I want the barrel channel to fit alittle closer so less dirt can get in between. What epoxy would you use and what clearance is exceptable maybe 3 layers of masking tape?
I have used Marine Tex, Pro Bed 2000, Agraglas, PC-11, Devcon and the epoxy All Crafts.. In my experience I favor The All Crafts and Marine Tex for ease of use and shelf life of the unused product. Tape the barrel lengthwise with one layer of electrical tape, lay the epoxy in the barrel channel and secure the barred action to the stock with surgical tubing.

I like gas pipe joint tape. Basically 2" wide electrical tape that's 10mils thick. One layer does the trick. Also holds up well in blast cabinets when doing finishing work