Howdy. New to the forum.

Rangerpsych

Well, let's start off with some background... Combat veteran, been there done that to many extents. I know my way around a rifle, and generally can milk out some decent accuracy.

My current bolt gun's a 700 Sendero in 7mm Rem Mag, Leupy VarX-3 6.5-20x40 up top with leupy rings to boot. Harris bipod. I've got other toys, but this is the hunting machine for now.

I'm hunting up here in alaska for food for the family, regardless of what everyone says... one moose will feed the wife and I for quite some time, and end up being more enjoyable, healthy, and cost effective than going to the market.

I don't intend on specifically trying to find an animal as far away as possible, but if I see one and it's within easy recovery distance, the variables are right, then I'm going to drop the hammer, no questions asked.

With that, my hunting's going to be primarily backpack hunting, with the wife along as my spotter and backup.

Glad to be here, and look forward to talking with you all at length about the long shots... Some people don't understand it's just as hard(if not harder) to take a long shot as it is to stalk up with a bow, just different variables.

welcome, We want to see some dead critters from up there this fall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome and thanks for your service.

We banter about a bit here, so watch the smilies for clues. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Such as, "you can't believe much of what buffalobob says, except what he says about me.: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Its gotta be sweet having the wife as your spotter, best be treating that lady right. She sounds like a keeper. And from what you posted regarding your hunting methods, she's good for all day! Them'ins are sure hard to find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Your 7 will do you well.

[ QUOTE ]
I see you came over from Professional Soldiers. Welcome to the Dark Side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I peruse many different forums to take advantage of the entire spectrum of experience that is out there...

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.