Howdy from PA "Dutch" country

Ruger Rowdy

Getting back into handgun shooting/hunting after a hiatus with stick bow archery. Danged arthritis has made drawing and shooting less than fun some days, so I dug out some old load data and found me a used .45 colt ruger new model blackhawk...actually 2 of them. One shorter barrel and one 7.5" that will soon wear a scope.

Old eyes appreciate glass on top...just a 2x LER.

Hope to start casting bullets soon as I can find decent lead again...got the makings from years bygone. Stumbled on the site looking for long range discussion on shooting .45 Colts...

Did some 100 yard stuff well with a Ruger Red in .44, but a friend has convinced me that with heavier bullets, the .45 colt will outshine the .44 at .429".

Been filing, sanding and fitting some grip blanks to the two NMBHs. I'm down to having to drill the thru holes and pocket hols for the Escutcheons, but lack the skill and tools... Visiting upstate PA Gunsmith friend to see his suggestions!

Hope to learn a lot as I go from you gunners out there, especially handgunners that shoot longer range!

Cheers!

Thanks WYO...spend 6 yrs in MT all over that fine state... packed a rifle then myself. :)

After hunting stick bows, for the thrill of it, that is still my "go to" but I really liked the challenge of handgun hunting. As I get older, I find the lighter weight to pack along is nice too!

Thanks for the welcome...

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts