Howdy from the North La. Hill country

Wild Bill Caldwell

Wild Bill here...dba Wild Bill & Sons Custom Weaponary....BladeSmith since the late 1960s....buildin Custom firearms since the 1970s....I'm not here to hustle gun work , seems to be a world of knowledge about long range shootin on this forum , I'm sure I can learn things that will help My shootin. I have always been interested in Wildcattin , guess it is in My blood ....My Father and Grandfather used to buy the Artillery model Lugers , sleeve the barrels to 22 cal. Neck the 30 Luger (might have been the 30 Mauser, or both) to 22....Said pistols sold for $20.00 back then....One I did a few years back was neck the 9x23 to .224 , sleeve 9mm & 38 Super barrels to .224 , get 2500fps from a 5in. barreld 1911...this one is called the .224Zipperer....I've based a series of cartridges on the 280 case , way back in time I tried to outdo Rocky Gibbs goin to a little shorter neck , probably a lot younger and dumber way back then....So with all that said I look forward to learnin all I can here ,I don't expect it to be a oneway street ,maybe I can give something in return
Thanks
Wild Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.