Howdy from Oklahoma

More than a 30-06 but not as sharp as a 300 Win Mag or Weatherby Mag. It's a push and not especially punishing. Still significant but manageable.
Recoil is quite subjective and others who shoot the 9,3x62 may want to chime in.

More than a 30-06 but not as sharp as a 300 Win Mag or Weatherby Mag. It's a push and not especially punishing. Still significant but manageable.
Recoil is quite subjective and others who shoot the 9,3x62 may want to chime in.
For sure the most abusive recoil I've felt is still just from a very lightweight 12 gauge with goose loads or slugs. 9.3x62, 45-70 with hot modern loads, 375 hh, .358 Norma, 300 win mag…none of them come close haha.

I've seen the recoil calculations…a typical hunting weight twelve guage with 3 and a half inch goose or Turkey loads actually generates more free recoil and with a higher impulse velocity than a typical hunting weight .458 win mag. We endure more punishment to hunt a bird than an elephant 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

For those who have a hard time believing this…I take it you've never attempted "grouping" slugs out of an old 6 pound (if that) break action with a steel plate FROM PRONE ON THE GROUND!