Howdy from Oklahoma

Welcome from North-Central Wyoming (I really need to get a stamp for that)….I hope that we live up to your hopes/expectation, maybe even more!

I can believe that you didn't join us "Sooner"! 😁😉

Good Luck on your moose hunt! memtb
I prairie dog and Pronghorn hunt north of Gillette yearly. I'm getting weary of some real knuckleheads on the campfire.

Welcome to the site. Another fellow Okie here. Live in Duncan and probably have worked a well site on or around your property at some time over the last 40 years. Hooe you have a great hunt in Canada this fall.
Duncan Demons, class of '73.
Our ranch is north of Lake Fuqua in Garvin, Grady & Stephens counties.

What's the weather like in Oklahoma today? Even for Saskatchewan it's cold for the end so February here. And I hear parts of Arizona got snow recently. East coast supposedly hot…this February has felt like March up here with how much melting then deep freezing back and forth it's been. Here's this morning in celcius and Fahrenheit

Last year I was all itching to do temp sensitivity testing in this stuff…I must have aged a lot this last year cuz I've gone shooting in this kind of stuff lots before but now the older I get the less I feel like it 🤣. Wisdom?
We've had little snow and less rain. Some Canadian/Arctic fronts are lining up so we'll get some cold weather over the next week but not likely anything below 0 degrees.

Thanks to all for the warm reception. I'll do my best to mind my manners and be friendly. I've had several ask me what I'll be shooting on my moose hunt and in the last week I decided I'll be taking my Blaser R8 Success in 9,3x62. I shoot left handed and Blaser is the manufacturer that gives me 40+ calibers to shoot a left hand rifle with. A Blaser rifle won't win the lightweight contest but they can sure shoot accurately.

Thanks to all for the warm reception. I'll do my best to mind my manners and be friendly. I've had several ask me what I'll be shooting on my moose hunt and in the last week I decided I'll be taking my Blaser R8 Success in 9,3x62. I shoot left handed and Blaser is the manufacturer that gives me 40+ calibers to shoot a left hand rifle with. A Blaser rifle won't win the lightweight contest but they can sure shoot accurately.
That's a cool round that's coming into its own more and more. A good friend of mine has no use for magnums of any kind, a practical man…his moose and bear gun is an old husqvarna in 9.3x62. He loves it

There is nothing I hunt that requires a magnum cartridge. I'm actually going to smaller calibers and cartridges. I have a fast twist 6mm Remington barrel for my Blaser that Will do almost anything I need done In the lower 48.