How to paint my rifle

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by longrangegunner52, Aug 29, 2004.

1. longrangegunner52

longrangegunner52 Active Member

I have never painted a rifle myself before and was wondering how to go about it. Is there a special type of paint to use or a good type of method to paint it. I think i just want to paint the stock. A woodland type pattern. Any hints or suggestion would be helpful.

thanks a bunch

2. PeterC

PeterC Member

3. gr8twfisherman

gr8twfisherman New Member

THIS INFO MIGHT BE NO GOOD TO YOU BUT IF YOU HAVE A GUN THAT IS USED FOR HUNTING ONLY THATS GONNA BE BEAT AND SCRAPED IF GOT A LITTLE HINT FOR IT WE USED CAMO SPRAY PAINT
    TO PAINT ONE THAT GUN HAS BEEN BEAT OVER LOGS ROCKS AND EVEREYTHING IN BETWEEN
    AND WE JUST SPRAY AND GO ON
    THIS IS REALL A GOOD IDEAL FOR A GUN THAT YOU CARRY COONHUNTING OR DEERHUNTING ON A 4-WHEELER OR SUCH AN OLD MILITARY FRIEND
    PASSED THIS ONE TO ME I HOPE IT CAN HELP YOU SOMEDAY

THANKS
    get-r-done

4. Cixelsyd

Cixelsyd Member

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>originally posted by get-r-done:

THIS INFO MIGHT BE NO GOOD TO YOU BUT IF YOU HAVE A GUN THAT IS USED FOR HUNTING ONLY THATS GONNA BE BEAT AND SCRAPED IF GOT A LITTLE HINT FOR IT WE USED CAMO SPRAY PAINT
    TO PAINT ONE THAT GUN HAS BEEN BEAT OVER LOGS ROCKS AND EVEREYTHING IN BETWEEN
    AND WE JUST SPRAY AND GO ON
    THIS IS REALL A GOOD IDEAL FOR A GUN THAT YOU CARRY COONHUNTING OR DEERHUNTING ON A 4-WHEELER OR SUCH AN OLD MILITARY FRIEND
    PASSED THIS ONE TO ME I HOPE IT CAN HELP YOU SOMEDAY

THANKS
    get-r-done <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This may not help you, but if you have a gun that will be used for hunting and might take a beating, then I have a little hint for you. We used camo spray paint to paint one. That gun has been beat over logs, rocks and everything in between. And we just re-spray and go on. This is really a good idea for a gun that you carry coon and deer hunting on a 4-wheeler or such. An old military friend passed this one to me. I hope it can help you someday.

Thanks,
    get-r-done
    -----------
    [​IMG]

5. jb1000br

jb1000br Well-Known Member

Thanks for the translation [​IMG]

JB

6. james_ogburn

james_ogburn Active Member

Huh???