my first paint job

foreign

well i just took a stevens .223 with a silencer and put it into a Choate tactical varmit stock that i had got for the purpose. bedded it and then decided to get creative with the finish. i did some sculpting of the pistol grip and sanded some of the mold marks out of it.
color choice was dictated by what colors i found at home. i think it looks quite good.( but i would :D).....
shame the barrel doesnt fit the wide open forend of the stock. o well once i get some swap barrels for the savage ill get something a little fatter.
cheers for looking.
IMG_1010-1.jpg
IMG_1012.jpg
IMG_1011.jpg

cheers mate. well i started by wrapping the stock in string, the sprayed it blue. the faint lines the string made werent really working for me so i was thinking of how to get a mottled effect and saw a role of toilet paper on the bench. so reeled of a section and rolled it into a loose roll. ripped that in half and then used the ripped edge as a dabbing tool with the black from a spray can sprayed into its own lid.
i think it works.....i think a little red 'dabbed' on too could look cool. maybe before the black.

Very nice job, and you gave me an idea for string, make some loose knots of diff. sizes then wrap and spray/dab, that should create a very individualized pattern...:Dlightbulb

cheers chaps
hey flyin lizard do it. u may want to use a thicker string than i did. i used a plumb line (that u use for building). the lines werent very apparent. i think a 3mm (1/8th ??) cord would be good. knots will make it very interesting. make sure to post some pics. im going to do the other two plastic stocks i have. problem is i have to decide on a color scheme now and fork out $ for them.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.