How to keep water from freezing during the hunt

I will have to see what bottles we use. They were thick plastic also had neroprene covers. Would keep them in our clothes next to body. It was -20 most of the time when climbing allitude.
Camalbacks won't work especially the tube. Will freeze up swing on the temp.
Depeneds on allitude and time of the year for you. Most hunters don't have an issue unless at camp and 20 + or below most of the time. Can't imagine water freezing solid in your pack when you have access to a camp every day.
Where are you hunting and what part of the year and allitude?
What are hunting?
Hunting Elk Oct-Nov in Colorado. Will hunt the Flat Top Wilderness Area, so mostly 9-11,000 feet elevation

Take some extra "pocket hand warmers" and wrap 1 or 2 around your Nalgene(2).
Put your nalgene in holster (or while carrying) upside down.... as the top of the water tends to freeze 1st.

What he said.

The other disadvantage to a camelback is that you have no idea how much H2O you have remaining. If you fill up 3 Nalgenes you know precisely how much is remaining after each stop to drink.

If you aren't accustomed to altitude, understand that you SHOULD be drinking more water than what you normally intake (a lot more). The challenge is when it's not hot and you reason; "I'm not thirsty and water is heavy, why should I carry that much?".

I carry and consume a lot of water, and I avoid altitude issues. I typically take two standard size Nalgenes and one of the jumbo 48 oz. I drink as much water as I can stomach each morning before leaving camp (I pee a lot on the hike in) and then I'm pretty thirsty at dinner.
What he says, and we use Drip Drop and Zipfizz for recovery and electrolytes. I'm sure there are others as good, these work for us. And be sure you are walking a lot to prepar.

Camelbacks work perfectly fine, even at altitude and 3rd or 4th season in Colorado (CO native, been doing it for decades). Main issue is water freezing in the tube, so you can blow it back through as mentioned, or just keep it tucked under some clothing so it's not exposed directly to the cold. A coat or some clothing covering the bladder and tube is all you need. Body heat does the rest. Much more convenient than fussing with bottles. Very easy to tell how much you have just by weight of it when putting it on, or 5 secs to unzip and glance.

Just can't leave it in cold overnight.

I've run a bladder and tube system successfully in single digit temps. Neoprene covers for the tube and bladder, blow air back in the tube, keep the mouthpiece tucked inside clothing, and sleep with the whole thing inside your sleeping bag.