How to get a new Rifle

A little more advice. You need a scope to put on that "gift from Santa". Go buy that Nightforce or Vortex Razor you always wanted, then go to Walmart and buy one of those $49 scopes in the plastic clamshell they have hanging on the wall. Throw that scope away and put your scope of choice in the clamshell and wrap it. When you open it up on Christmas morning, your wife will be so surprised when she sees a scope with a $49 price on it. She will exclaim "SEE- I told you that you don't have to spend a fortune on a scope". You can reply, "Why yes dear, Santa knows best".

A little more advice. You need a scope to put on that "gift from Santa". Go buy that Nightforce or Vortex Razor you always wanted, then go to Walmart and buy one of those $49 scopes in the plastic clamshell they have hanging on the wall. Throw that scope away and put your scope of choice in the clamshell and wrap it. When you open it up on Christmas morning, your wife will be so surprised when she sees a scope with a $49 price on it. She will exclaim "SEE- I told you that you don't have to spend a fortune on a scope". You can reply, "Why yes dear, Santa knows best".
Haha. Good idea. Problem is you won't fit a Nightforce or Razor in the box of a cheap 3-9.

I hear you brother! Women, in general, are far too soft-hearted!

I definitely believe in the Bible Verse…..""Spare the rod, spoil the child!

A lot more kids need to be introduced to the rod……it would result in a better world! memtb
Here's what the Bible actually says - possibly the most misquoted verse.

Proverbs 13:
24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Proverbs 23:
13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

I feel hateth isnt used enough in modern vernacular.

Millennials love using retro stuff, I've never really jumped on it. But maybe I'll let my Millennial flag fly and start working hateth into everyday speech...

Or maybe just start wracking folks with rods...

Why is it all about beating the male, yet let the female have a free pass? I don't think that beating a child is the answer.
But if parents are going to beat their children, at least make it all of the children, not just male kids.
I've been witness to what happens then.
The female children figure they can get away with anything. If someone is going to have kids, treat them all equally.

The word "son" definitions per Strong's:

Outline of Biblical Usage:
  1. son, grandson, child, member of a group
    1. son, male child
    2. grandson
    3. children (pl. - male and female)
    4. youth, young men (pl.)
    5. young (of animals)
    6. sons (as characterisation, i.e. sons of injustice [for un- righteous men] or sons of God [for angels]
    7. people (of a nation) (pl.)
    8. of lifeless things, i.e. sparks, stars, arrows (fig.)
    9. a member of a guild, order, class

I would expect "3" to best apply here.

Correction is being withheld from kids and adults today by many and has been for decades. One read of the newspaper quickly tells us how that is working out - lawlessness.

Here's what the Bible actually says - possibly the most misquoted verse.

Proverbs 13:
24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Proverbs 23:
13 Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.
14 Thou shalt beat him with the rod, and shalt deliver his soul from hell.

You are very correct…..I was merely going from memory! The intent of the verse remains unchanged!

Discipline applied often, will minimize the number of heathens we must deal with! memtb

For the young ones, seek out the late great Patrick McManus book which includes "Gunrunning". I think it's in "The Grasshopper Trap". IIRC:

• Take the gun apart, place parts in several boxes; Honey I found a bunch of parts at the gun show; wonder if I can build a rifle?
  • Look at the nice rifle my buddy loaned me!
  • Subtly buy bigger gun cases. He claims wives only count the empty spots

Genius!!!

Or, if you're a little past your prime, just say, "You know, this is likely the last rifle I'll ever buy/build; something to hand down to the kids."

Not saying it's foolproof, but it's worked 5 times for me.
If you still have kids at home it's for the children of course." Don't we want them to learn to hunt and shoot???"
Also may not be fool proof but it's worked a couple times for me!!!