How to compare bullets?

Dmagna

I am having trouble deciding which bullet is better. I am shooting a 223 AI with a 90 gr sierra and also just started messing with the 75 eldm. They both shoot the same accuracy, the 90gr is at about 2800, then the 75 gr is at 2950. I can't figure out which one is "better", this is for pure target and varmint shooting. I shoot another bullet for deer.

shoot some full water bottles at range and see if one of the bullets has the WOW factor. Always nice to have a varmint bullet with a little pop when it hits.

shoot some full water bottles at range and see if one of the bullets has the WOW factor. Always nice to have a varmint bullet with a little pop when it hits.
I thought like this when I was 12yrs old.
I had ADD w/hyperactivity, and was drawn to guns only through destructive potential.
By 16, with medication, I understood that accuracy is far more powerful.
You'll probably get there some day.

I am having trouble deciding which bullet is better. I am shooting a 223 AI with a 90 gr sierra and also just started messing with the 75 eldm. They both shoot the same accuracy, the 90gr is at about 2800, then the 75 gr is at 2950. I can't figure out which one is "better", this is for pure target and varmint shooting. I shoot another bullet for deer.

If it isn't obvious to you then it doesn't matter. That said, neither is optimum for varmints.

That said, neither is optimum for varmints.
This is true, but for a reason that many haven't had an opportunity to observe.
The difference is how much energy can be released INSIDE a varmint, instead of wasted onward from the backside.