How Much energy is too little?

I can see your point to a degree. But again, hitting a small animal with a bullet too small for any big game IMO, though they can work, and hitting the same animal with a high velocity, highly frangible, much larger diameter bullet isn't exactly an equal comparison.

Energy has little to do with it! The massive tissue destruction of vital organs , whether torn apart with your hands or a bullet…..each will effectively kill! memtb
The dude is using a hunting bullet designed for hunting. It's clear it didnt carry much power/energy. If you watch the video without your biased you'd clearly see that.

Im glad you can at least admit that someone else has a valid point to make other than yours.

The dude is using a hunting bullet designed for hunting. It's clear it didnt carry much power/energy. If you watch the video without your biased you'd clearly see that.

Im glad you can at least admit that someone else has a valid point to make other than yours.

It may be described as a hunting bullet, but I seriously question anyone shooting big game, even smaller big game with a small diameter bullet!

Again, small bullets can and do kill…..but I don't recommend "stunt shooting" game animals! I guess that it's just a morality thing for me! memtb

It may be described as a hunting bullet, but I seriously question anyone shooting big game, even smaller big game with a small diameter bullet!

Again, small bullets can and do kill…..but I don't recommend "stunt shooting" game animals! I guess that it's just a morality thing for me! memtb
I can't anymore. Haha this is getting ridiculous

Looked like a high shoulder shot. Essentially she missed in a better direction than the guts...

So your saying "shot placement" rather than energy killed the elk?
No I'm saying she missed. High shoulder shots are meant to anchor animals that are already wounded IMO and shouldnt be glorified to claim your dinky bullet is better than a bigger one. It was a miss and I'm glad it worked out for her. But I'd prefer a larger bullet placed behind the shoulder where it should be.

I guess you'll never know unless we could ask her where she was aiming. But I guess if you like wasting meat and blowing up 2 front shoulders it's a win! In that case less energy is better hehehe

It was a "miss"??????
Are you smoking dope?
Clearly it was killed instantaneously…

A miss….???? Omg

Or, was it a spine hit or near spine hit, shocking or destroying the spinal cord. Either will instantaneously drop the animal, but the camera was off of the animal for the duration of the video. Did the animal get back up, or attempt to drag itself away without video footage to show "the rest if the story"! memtb

Doesn't matter the game it's a representation of the effects of small projectiles with small energy. You can continue to believe energy isnt important but I highly doubt that little goat woulda wore three 245 berger from a 300NMI going 3000fps. It's your choice to not at least see the point being made.
You cannot compare a tiny bullet to a 230 grain bullet regardless of what it's launched from. You have more material/mass to destroy tissue.

You cannot compare a tiny bullet to a 230 grain bullet regardless of what it's launched from. You have more material/mass to destroy tissue.

Especially if it's a fragmenting bullet, sending bullet shards though out the lungs or vital organs! A larger mono (than that little .223 dia.) would make a larger hole through and through the animal, contacting more vital organs…..and will very likely exit no matter the bullet path angle through the animal! memtb

Recent Posts