How much did you spend on equipment (not supplies) to reload?

That's like $100 US.....amateur.
It seems like it sometimes. For reference, the IMR 4064 I'm using in Canadian funds is $60 and a box of Barnes TTSX in .308 is around $68.

I bought a Lee Challenger kit and upgraded almost immediately to a digital scale and a Lyman prep tool. The rest of the kit is more than serviceable for my needs.

It would be hard to figure…… mine has been a very slow progression of about 55 years!

This will be difficult for many of us to give an accurate figure at today's prices…..as things have been quite inflationary for the past 15 or so years!

Hopefully, there is a relative newcomer to hand loader that could provide a fairly relevant price! memtb
I always enjoy the "You would not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right. But one that will kill an animal when everything goes wrong".
Obviously paraphrased.
That is the same reason I reload, and practice. Then I collect too much data, calculate, reload some more, practice some more.
My dad taught me to only have one round in the chamber. The rest were wrapped in a sock in my pocket.

I always enjoy the "You would not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right. But one that will kill an animal when everything goes wrong".
Obviously paraphrased.
That is the same reason I reload, and practice. Then I collect too much data, calculate, reload some more, practice some more.
My dad taught me to only have one round in the chamber. The rest were wrapped in a sock in my pocket.
I have a Ruger 1 that I take out of the safe from time to time. Keeps things real when taking a shot.

If I really added it up it would probably scare me!
Not including die sets over 10K.
$10K for dies? Is that a typo? Cuz thats outta MY mind. Please explain.

Also in regards to upgrading equipment!! I dont think there's been much change in 40 years I've been loading. Maybe different looks. Micrometers for more dies and better powder dispensers n scales. Maybe access to ultrasonic cleaners; ive had one of those in a box in my garage for 6 years...never used it. Thats about all that comes to mind

$10K for dies? Is that a typo? Cuz thats outta MY mind. Please explain.

Also in regards to upgrading equipment!! I dont think there's been much change in 40 years I've been loading. Maybe different looks. Micrometers for more dies and better powder dispensers n scales. Maybe access to ultrasonic cleaners; ive had one of those in a box in my garage for 6 years...never used it. Thats about all that comes to mind
Sorry. I just re read that. My bad. 10k Not including die sets. Sorry

I'm in between $8-10K in equipment, dies, durable goods only. My best guess. Started reloading in the mid 80's but the habit got bad between about 97 and 2010 when I bought most everything I have now. I haven't cast a single bullet since probably 2005-6 but I still have everything LOL.

I have heard lots of folks asking how much does it cost to reload. There is the initial expense and there are the ongoing expenses. Like updating equipment when something new or improved comes out. Or you get into another caliber. All in, how much do you have in equipment only?
700$ maybe?

Look. I just bought a lee progressive for 9mm to see if I wanted to do it. It was $275 and it has everything you need, except patience!.
My 1st press was a Lyman turret press but then I thought it flexed too much (in my mind, no proof or problem) so I thought I'd put it in my cabin upstate New York which I never bought so it's sat in my garage for 30 years but I switched to an RCBS rock chucker probably back in the mid eighties It probably cost me $79 now now they are $300? I have about 15 sets of dies figure $50 each. But i got most for $25 back in the day.. I just bought a new Lyman powder measure for $70.
I have An LE Wilson lathe trimmer with several holders. I dont really use it much but it works great. I like the Lyman trimmer with universal shell holder clamp. I still chamfer and debur by hand. You can get the motorized prep center for under $200 i think. I still like throwing short powder charges and bringing them up with a trickler, though im probably going to buy the rcbs competition powder dispensers and scale...I think thats under $400.
Small hand tools like flash hole uniformer and pocket uniformer, debur, are cheap almost negligible. After the press Your money is in the powder dispensers and competition dies. A brass tumbler is $80-150
Progressive loading is different. A Dillon 750 set up with a case feeder and mr bullet feeder is around $2000.
Fng primers are 10 cents each. That's painful for pistol shooters, thats negligible for rifle shooters. Id say most rifle shooters.
Are you asking to know how much you'll need to spend or just doing comparisons?
I have thousands dollar scopes sitting on thousand dollar rifles i haven't touched in years.!

Looking at the upfront costs: Dillon RL550, reloading 9mm, 45 ACP, .270 and 30-06: Needed 3 extra quick-change assembly, a few caliber conversion set, case trimmers, scales, tumbler with media, digital caliper, Hornady die set, (2) RCBS die set, Lee dies set, books for instructions. I'm NOT putting any claims into the insurance company for losses, but this made me remember the hurricane season starts soon, aaarrrrgggh. I believe a ballpark will cost: $2,500 to $3000. The dies sets run between $50 for the Lee into $230<+ (for the Dillon carbon dies rifle =$350+). The Dillon quick change assembly has gone from $119 up to $157. The caliber conversion sets went from middle $40's to $70.
This does not include any powder, primers, no cases, and no bullets. But having my friends over that know 10X's more than what I know over to work with me running the ladders and going to the range together made it worth every penny.