How much did you spend on equipment (not supplies) to reload?

What I actually have today is a far cry from the total spent over the yrs, I sell what I don't want, usually at quite the loss. In Retrospect, I wish I had kept all the dies I had purchased over the yrs minus the plain jane RCBS sets I started with, I seem to end up rebuying at times.
A quick scan puts me around 8K. 36 yrs of reloading.
I can see where newer reloaders, 10 yrs in or less will probably have considerably more on the table given todays push for uber high dollar equipment. I may NEED a V4, but I don't need an 1100 press, at the moment.
I used an RCBS electric trimmer for over 20 yrs, I whined, I cussed, I took breaks every time I used it. I still laugh at the 3 way cutters I always bought for it, set up correctly, the main cutter could never come in contact with the brass. I'd have to think real hard, but I am sure that thing went straight into the dumpster, no way was I putting anyone else through that crap.

At least $1200. I bought almost everything used, and this is surely an underestimate.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220417-085054.png
    Screenshot_20220417-085054.png
    45.6 KB · Views: 46
I have heard lots of folks asking how much does it cost to reload. There is the initial expense and there are the ongoing expenses. Like updating equipment when something new or improved comes out. Or you get into another caliber. All in, how much do you have in equipment only?
I'll put it this way; when I pass I hope my wife doesn't sell my stuff for what she thinks I paid for it. Happy shooting.

I have heard lots of folks asking how much does it cost to reload. There is the initial expense and there are the ongoing expenses. Like updating equipment when something new or improved comes out. Or you get into another caliber. All in, how much do you have in equipment only?
I bought a used RCBS rock cruncher, calipers, a reloading book and other odds and ends on EBAY for $250.00, 4 sets of dies, brass tumbler, RCBS reloading center for a total of $700.00 or so.

I'm new to reloading. About $2k for T7 press and four sets of dies. RCBS Chargemaster. And then the non-ending smaller expenses.
Then add chronograph and Kestrel.
This has to be a passion…

Some of it depends on what you already own, wrenches, calipers, miscellaneous other tools etc. can you repurpose or build a bench cabinets etc. these are the " hidden" expenses. The direct expenses are the price of the press, dies, shell plates and scale(s). I started out with a $400 press and 2 calibers. Now probably 35+ calibers. Then when you get into the long range precision stuff watch out. But I have never regretted my decision to start reloading. No ammo shortage for me.