How hard is it to install a Jewell Trigger in a Model 70?

SouthTXBowhunter

I've got a Model 70 Coyote Lite in .25 WSSM and I just picked up a trigger from Jewell Triggers- how hard is it to install if you've never done anything like that? Are there any instructions online that y'all can recommend? The instructions that came with the trigger aren't terribly clear or helpful.

I can't imagine it's too hard to do and it ought to be pretty self explanatory, but I'd sure like to find some instructions- if they're available.

Any tricks or potential problems y'all can give me?

Nick

If you can tie your boots then you can install a Jewell in a M70......it's easy. Being you don't have any bolt release to deal with it is a matter of pounding out a couple of pins, sliding the trigger in and knocking the pins back in. At least that is what I remember of it anyway.

Just don't let the barreled action slide down the table and hit the floor, triggers don't like that, I know a guy who did this once.:D and no it wasn't me.

Now that you had to ask I had to round up my directions and tools. Seeing as I only have two punches 1/16" & 3/32" and I am confident I can take every pin out including the ones in the bolt shroud I'd guess 1/16" would be fine for the trigger.

As I think about it you may have to do some grinding to the trigger guard. You'll see it when you put the trigger guard back on, don't force it. I could be wrong but I'm pretty certain it needs to be relieved. Minor stuff anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts