How Does the 300 Win and 30 Nos. Compare

Cool hope the build turns out great for you and I'll be waiting on the results...though I might just have to go ahead and start my own build cus I'm getting more amped the more I look into it lol

I'm too impatient I just worked up a brand new 30 Nosler build on a Lone Peak Razor Ti action yesterday!

I've got the brass and bullets in hand and shipping them to my gunsmith so he can spec out a custom reamer around the 215/212.

I've got the brass and bullets in hand and shipping them to my gunsmith so he can spec out a custom reamer around the 215/212.

In my world that will be two reamers. Throat them for the 212 and the 215 will not have a lot left in the neck when both touch the lands. Or sacrifice powder colume to hang the 212 deeper in the case. Just a heads up.

Jeff

In my world that will be two reamers. Throat them for the 212 and the 215 will not have a lot left in the neck when both touch the lands. Or sacrifice powder colume to hang the 212 deeper in the case. Just a heads up.

Jeff

Appreciate the heads up. I am aware of that, and going to discuss all of that with my smith. I have not decided how I want to set up the rifle, as in optimize for the 215 or 212. Ideally, do you want the bullet to fill about 90% of the neck? What's the prevailing logic here?

Appreciate the heads up. I am aware of that, and going to discuss all of that with my smith. I have not decided how I want to set up the rifle, as in optimize for the 215 or 212. Ideally, do you want the bullet to fill about 90% of the neck? What's the prevailing logic here?

I am setting mine up with the bearing surface right at bottom of the neck when touching lands. I can back off or chase the lands from there.

Jeff

Lone Peak Titanium, Manners Carbon EH5, 28" Christensen Arms carbon wrapped 9 twist.

Jeff

Will be interested in what your build ends up weighing fully set up with optics. I went with the Razor Ti action, McMillan game scout w/ edge fill and a benchmark #4 contour. Before optics I was kind of targeting the rifle to weigh about 7.5 lbs then about 1.5 - 2 lbs for optics.

Lone Peak Titanium, Manners Carbon EH5, 28" Christensen Arms carbon wrapped 9 twist.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Why is your Nosler build on a 28" tube? One of the advantages of this cartridge is it exceeds the 3000 fps mark in a 26" barrel.

Just curious...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.