How did you find us here at LRH.com?

When I was searching for some info on stock modifications and accuracy one of the posts on this site was a choice and it went form there. I looked over your topics and some answers and hit "Bookmark", look forward to spending some time with you folks.
grouser

Re: How did you find us here at LRH.com? Hebron, IN

I typed in a question about a rifle I own that is no longer in production. It's a .300 Remington short action ultra mag. Anyway, I was hoping to get some input as to whether I keep it or trade it. I just purchased it in July of '06. Friends tell me to ditch it and take the loss; get something where ammo will never be a problem. Any thoughts? Places like Gander Mt offer $280 for it. I paid about $650.

The other thought was rebarreling, but I can't find out about the cost, or even if it's worth it.

Hey mike cook here! A.K.A [ SUDDENTHUNDER ] I live down in southern UTAH .Waterfowl hunting and coyote hunting , While surfing around one night for coyote info [LRH] jumped out at me [ya I almost pulled the trigger]whoooo. I've been hooked on this site ever since.I'd like to thank all of you for having me around . I hope to be able lend a hand and info when ever possible . AGAIN THANKS FOR HAVING ME SUDDENTHUNDER:rolleyes:

Hi, I'm George (59 years old)and live in N.E. Ohio about 25 mi. east of Cleveland along the shore area of Lake Erie.
I was doing a search for a few parts for a rifle project, and came up with a number of posts form this site.
I looked around a bit, and knew there's allot of good info here so I bookmarked it and registered.
Sure is amazing how like minded folks can share ideas and knowlege, at the stoke of a few keys!
I have been registered on a couple of other boards for quite some time, and look forward to checking in here often.
George

Last edited:
About 3 weeks ago, I was looking for a 7mm stw rifle for sale and I punched in those key words and one of the options brought me to this website. Well me being a crank from way back, I found my self in a toy store where every body talks my language. So I figured out to join and her I am. I check it about dailey and get really involved in the discussions on ballistics and bullets and the more technical things that really make things tick. I am still looking for a used but not abused 7mm stw rifle. If antone has or hears of one for sale, drop me a line. Good times and good stuff here! Good shootinggun):)

7stw,

Whatcha working with right now? I started with the STW when they first came out in the Sendero. I love the caliber for AZ. Maybe I can help you find oneout west.
7STWNUT

I found long range hunting just searching the net for info on long range hunting and varmit hunting. I do a good deal of ground hog hunting here in north central ohio and want to improve my skills as a marksman. This is a great place to do so!

I was searching the web looking for a subscription to a long range shooting/hunting magazine and stumbled onto something even better.

I was doing searches on shooting. I love to shoot rifles. I have a 300 WSM in the Remington 700 SPS. I have had pretty good luck with it, but I decieded I can do better. I have made a few modifications. I have had problems with scople movement, so I used loctite on the screws to solve that set back. I didn't like the heavy stock trigger. After searching online, I found some information on adjusting the stock trigger. That didn't work as well as I thought, do to all the loctite they used on the screws, I messed up the slots. I did purchase a Timney trigger, and I love it, nice. My handloaded 180 gr. Sierra Gameking load was grouping at about 7/8" at 100 yards. I then I bedded the synthetic stock using some epoxy and this tightened my grouping down to 5/8". I started using Alliant's RL17 powder at 66 grains, their bulletin shows about 3080 fps at muzzle. I don't have a cronograph, that is going to be my next investment. I am not a very big person, 5'5" at 160 lbs, so the recoil takes some getting used to. I advise anyone shooting this caliber to practice, practice, and when all said and done, practice. It is a nice shooter.gun)Oh, I am a pastor and a maintenance worker, quite a combination. God tells me how to fix it.

I was doing some research for rifles and stumbled across this site. I first just was reading the threads then I decided to pull the trigger and join. Glad I did so I can ask questions and see pictures. Cheers everyone from this good ole kentucky hillbilly.

its great to find this forum, i heard about it from NES (Northeastshooters) lots of great reviews here.

Recent Posts