How did you find us here at LRH.com?

Hello everyone- Always looking for chat on the STW, I have three and love two of them. I enjoy hunting and just punching holes paper. As hard as it is to get a tag here in AZ, I spend most of my free time at the range not in the field. I do shoot more than just STW's and have a awesome 700 SPS Tactical that is hard to beat at 300 yds. Stay in touch.
7stwnut

I think I was snooping around on the McMillan site. I enjoy shooting and am most interested in learning all I can from others experiences.

I was looking for something that would accomodate 300 smk's, bigger than my 300rum with excellent ballistics/accuracy. LRH came up and I've been hooked since. Unbelievable wealth of knowledge, folks always willing to help, whether your a novice, intermediate, experienced or expert doesn't matter...folks here want to see you succeed. Most important to me folks are diplomatic even if they disagree and so far I haven't seen any testasterone, macho stuff...there's other forum sites for that and some of you probably know which ones. It feels like an extended family here. Thanks to all:)

Last edited:
I WAS LOOKING FOR INFO ON THE .338,.375, AND 408 CT AND WHILE DOING A SEARCH I FOUND THIS SITE AND LOVE IT . STILL HAVE NOT FIGURED OUT WHICH ONE THO HAVE BUILT OR WHO TO DO IT BUT THERE`S ALOT OF INFO HERE.NOT MANY PLACES HERE IN NW OHIO TO SHOOT LONG RANGE BUT I CAN GET WOOD CHUCKS AT 400 YARDS ON MY PROPERTY. IT`S A START ANY WAYS. I`M GLAD I FOUND A SITE THAT HAS THE SAME INTRESTS AS I DO. THE BIGGER THE BETTER.gun)

It all started with John Burns and the video "Beyond Belief". After I saw the heat trace going up and coming back down to nail the elk, I was hooked on long range shooting. A few google searches later, I found this sight. This is just a plethera of knowledge, I have spent days worth of time reading the forums. I normally don't post as I am still learning, but you guys are great. I'm hooked for life.

I typed in rifle forums and got your link. Reading the posts saying your membership is up to about 6,000 now is awesome! The fact it was free made it impossible to pass up.

I've have a couple questions I know you can answer.

I purchased a Remington Model 7 .300 Remington Short Action Ultra Mag a couple years ago. As luck would have it, Remington has taken it off the production line. I purchased it because I read an article by Jim Zumbo of Outdoor Life. He said it was his favorite new gun to hunt with for big game. Question: Since the gun is no longer in production, will I have to worry about purchasing ammo? Should I trade it for something more traditional like a .30/06 or 7 mm mag?

Thanks. Any input would be appreciated.

Will

Our 5th anniversary is coming up on April 11, 2006. I think we should have Dave King think up some really wierd festivities to mark the occasion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dave....? (Maybe start a new thread --- 5th Anniversary)

We will be up to over 6,000 members by then. I am interested in hearing how some of you more recently new members have found us.

So...let's hear it!

Surfing.... I don't know...

I used to spend some time on 6mmbr and snipers hide but really didn't care for those forums. Occasionally someone would mention a thread from those guys over at long range hunting, so that sounded like a place I would fit right in. I rarely visit those other sites anymore. There is more information shared here, and shared in a positive manner.

I'm new to hunting and was checking out gun and shooting sites. I'm checking out different rifles to buy. A lot has changed since I was a teenager!
I live in Lubbock, TX and am interested in varmints to begin with.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Keith