How clear is "clear"

Beelzebub

and how bright is "bright?

I've got an old Bushnell 10X40X50 target scope. It has 1/8 MOA clicks which I doubt is even remotely close to an 1/8th inch at 100 yards.

The scope seems really dark even at 10X compared to some of my other scopes set up as high as 18.

I doubt if I could zero at 100 and then "dial in" any distance at all consistently over 150.

But when I do get it zeroed, usually at about 300 I can hit remarkably well. At 1/4 of a mile I can see the bullet holes well enough to make scope adjustments.

If I could find a scope that can see bullet holes at 440, dial up or down and back with consistency, clear and bright I'd be tickled. I'm open to suggestions up to $500.

thanks in advance for any advice or constructive criticism.

Beelz

The scope is good when you can clearly see grass hanging out of a elks mouth at 500 yards and 500 bucks probably won't buy that scope but I have not looked through every scope out there so could be wrong about the 500 bucks.

The scope is good when you can clearly see grass hanging out of a elks mouth at 500 yards and 500 bucks probably won't buy that scope but I have not looked through every scope out there so could be wrong about the 500 bucks.

The scope is of the BEST QUALITY when you can see what TYPE of grass it is hanging out of that elks mouth!....:D..:D

But your dead right when you say $500 aint gonna buy that scope. $2500 MIGHT.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

I can see that with my naked eye from only 500. If I can make scope adjustments from 1/4 mile with a $100 Bushnell I would surely think a Leupold or the likes would be able to count the hairs on that elk's teeth at only 500. Guess we value $500 and the quality is should buy, differently. I have absolutely no use for a $1700-$2500 Night Force scope. I don't think that highly of myself or my gun to spend that kind of money on any toy of mine.

cheers,
B

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.