House Proposes Ban on 50 BMG

I'd love to know the statistics of homicides with a 50 bmg.... 1-2 in the last 10 years.
Oh but you know reason has nothing to do with any of this crap.

Up here in Kanuckistan (a humorous term I heard for Canada a while back) there is now a ban on any firearm capable of generating over 10,000 joules (about 7300 foot pounds) of muzzle energy.

Many of you have heard this rant but some haven't haha, a result of this law is that the .460 weatherby magnum is BANNED here now. The funny thing is that we are actually more lax about short barreled shotguns than the USA is, nothing wrong with a 14 inch barreled pump gun with a pistol grip so long as overall length is greater than 26 inches, no tax stamp or special licence or permit beyond the standard possession and acquisition license we need to buy any firearm - that's a whole other can of stupidity.

Long story short:

sawed off shotguns? No problem.

Weatherby safari rifles? CRIMINAL WEAPON OF CHOICE! 🤣

Awhile back I said it'd be fun to make a graph showing liquor store hold ups committed with sawed off shotties vs those committed with weatherby .460s (to which someone replied that those are only used if the holdup involves fine scotch and cigars). perhaps we could add 50bmg to the list as well.

I'd love to know the statistics of homicides with a 50 bmg.... 1-2 in the last 10 years.
Ok... but you have to read between the lines here, anything .50 cal makes them go crazy because they don't know the difference in many cases.
Cheers

Surprised that this is being proposed by lawmakers from Texas…even if they are democratic ones. I know it's a gross generalization and I could be accused of all kinds of offensive things….but if you just look at the last names it does sound about right that "Castro and Escobar" don't think Americans should be allowed to own big scary guns haha.

Different Castro, and different Escobar that come to mind of course, not equating the two.

This sounds like typical liberal bull 💩 to me though, boringly predictable. It's been the administrative paradigm in Canada for a long time:

Criminals, gangs, cartels, etc commit crime with guns. Therefore the solution is to disarm everyone else 🤦🏻

"For your protection"…. 🙄
Sounds rayciss. You should contact you nearest rabbi for directions to report to your nearest reeducation camp.

Has any cartel ever actually employed a 50 BMG as a legitimate tool? 🤔

I know next to nothing about the reality of cartel stuff, I just have a hard time picturing them using one for any practical purpose? Maybe a belt fed one on a vehicle or something? Beats me
I doubt it! And even if they did, you didn't!!!!! You are not the problem. Your gun is not the problem.

Angry American Idol GIF

I doubt it! And even if they did, you didn't!!!!! You are not the problem. Your gun is not the problem.
Oh I'm very much aware.

It just seems a little bit akin to banning the use of space shuttles to stop right wing extremists from accelerating global warming.

Then again, facts rarely matter when these types of bills come up. The politicians can say "I sponsored a bill to disarm cartels", regardless of how dumb the law may actually be. And in reality, the stupidity of the law isn't going to matter whenever they tout their efforts. It makes them look good on paper.

Oh I'm very much aware.

It just seems a little bit akin to banning the use of space shuttles to stop right wing extremists from accelerating global warming.

Then again, facts rarely matter when these types of bills come up. The politicians can say "I sponsored a bill to disarm cartels", regardless of how dumb the law may actually be. And in reality, the stupidity of the law isn't going to matter whenever they tout their efforts. It makes them look good on paper.

You got that right!

I'm sad to see Canada's breed of ignorant liberal gun control stupidity is becoming more prevalent down in your country as well.

Here they're still bickering about how to redefine what an "assault rifle" is so that it can mean basically any black scary gun. Because in the true sense an assault rifle is a select fire weapon capable to full auto fire and those haven't been legal in Canada since 1970, nor have they been used in any shootings im aware of up here.

But dang it they need to impose an "assault rifle" ban because that sounds so good to their brainwashed voter base haha, so better change what an assault rifle is so they can ban it again! 🤦🏻

"50 cal" "assault rifle" "tactical" "military-type weapons" and of course the all-evil "AR15" are just so easy to target to those who understand nothing about guns. They claim to only be trying to ban "weapons of war" while leaving the rights of hunters and sportsmen alone….yeah right.

They don't seem to realize that apart from appearances there is no difference in capability between a semi auto "hunting" rifle and a "military" rifle or a scoped long range hunting rifle and a "sniper rifle" - that one gets me every time. Maybe it's just as well they don't know that tho, then they'd just have to ban them all!

Or the nonsense I hear about how overkill the ar15 is for hunting, our pm said "you don't need an AR to kill a deer". And he's right! But only because I prefer to use MUCH MORE POWERFUL guns and cartridges for hunting!!!! 🤣

Last edited:
Has any cartel ever actually employed a 50 BMG as a legitimate tool? 🤔

I know next to nothing about the reality of cartel stuff, I just have a hard time picturing them using one for any practical purpose? Maybe a belt fed one on a vehicle or something? Beats me
They have in their fights against one another in Mexico.

Recent Posts