Hornady cartridge comparator review

adiredneck

My new set arrived Friday. I can't believe I waited so long to buy them. I have been fighting accuracy issues with a couple of rifles and it's no wonder. Some of my 30-06 cases differed as much as .007".

I posted here last year that some of my brass was hard to chamber. I have now identified just where the "hard to chamber" measurement begins and I can size my brass to .002" less. I"ll test my work today. If all goes well with the 30-06, the 7mm-08 and 22-250 are next.

Question: The brass that is sized too long is simple. I"ll need to pull the bullets empty the powder and re-size. It's the undersized cases that I wasn't sure how to handle. I ended up loading those cases with a very mild 40gr charge of Varget with some old .307 diam PMC fnsp 30-30 bullets in 150gr that a friend gave me. Is this a good approach to push the shoulder forward?

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.