Hornady Brass ?

dakor

A friend of mine is thinking of buying a 300 Weatherby and he noticed that Hornady makes brass for it. Has anyone used this brass and is it any good? How does it compare with Norma?

[ 12-03-2004: Message edited by: dakor ]

James Jones

Their is no compairing it to Norma , a more even compairison would be to Remington , it hard a thin , I hated it!!

you can use 7mmSTW necked up and fire formed to make decient brass from Winchester.

I shoot my 300Ackly so little that I just close my eyes and grunt when I buy the Weatherby ammo to use for close hunting and fireforming

halftrack

The Hornandy brass is not as good as Norma,
but it is cheaper. If I am not mistaken the
Hornandy brass has frontier stamped on the
rim and this is made by Winchester.

jro45

I bought some Hornady brass for my 300 Win mag. To replace my old brass. It has Hornady stamped into it. But when I read this I ordered some Norma 300 Win brass. I will shoot the Hornady brass first as soon as my 300 is returned from having a new barrel put on.

TOM H

I've got some Hornady 6.5x284 and it's pretty good. Doesn't Norma supply the brass to Wby for their brass?

JustC

Yes,..wthby brass was/is Norma brass (hence part of the ammunition price)

dakor

So I guess it sounds like a mix some think it is junk others think it is good.
I guess my friend will have to try it for himself and see what he thinks.

kraky

I wouldn't knock it till I tried it. The hornady brass I've worked with has given fantastic concentricity and has had very consistant wt. I bought some of the hornady 300 wby brass and it looks really good.

Trending threads

Recent Posts

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce