Hornady Brass ?

dakor

A friend of mine is thinking of buying a 300 Weatherby and he noticed that Hornady makes brass for it. Has anyone used this brass and is it any good? How does it compare with Norma?

[ 12-03-2004: Message edited by: dakor ]

Their is no compairing it to Norma , a more even compairison would be to Remington , it hard a thin , I hated it!!

you can use 7mmSTW necked up and fire formed to make decient brass from Winchester.

I shoot my 300Ackly so little that I just close my eyes and grunt when I buy the Weatherby ammo to use for close hunting and fireforming

The Hornandy brass is not as good as Norma,
but it is cheaper. If I am not mistaken the
Hornandy brass has frontier stamped on the
rim and this is made by Winchester.

I bought some Hornady brass for my 300 Win mag. To replace my old brass. It has Hornady stamped into it. But when I read this I ordered some Norma 300 Win brass. I will shoot the Hornady brass first as soon as my 300 is returned from having a new barrel put on.

I've got some Hornady 6.5x284 and it's pretty good. Doesn't Norma supply the brass to Wby for their brass?

Yes,..wthby brass was/is Norma brass (hence part of the ammunition price)

So I guess it sounds like a mix some think it is junk others think it is good.
grin.gif
I guess my friend will have to try it for himself and see what he thinks.

I wouldn't knock it till I tried it. The hornady brass I've worked with has given fantastic concentricity and has had very consistant wt. I bought some of the hornady 300 wby brass and it looks really good.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.