Hornady Brass and neck turning questions,

SheepSeeker

Just finished up converting converting 20 Hornady 1/fired light magnum 308s to 243. The inside primer pocket deburring and outside PP uniforming produced a large pile of chips. I thought Hornady brass was good stuff. Comments ?

As part of improving results, I bought an outside neck turner for my Forster case trimmer. Just used to skinny down the 308 necks to match a sized 243. Worked fine but I'm not quite sure what that cam follower disc is for. Make the job a 2 handed operation and didn't change the outcome. Comments ?

Thxs in advance.

Hornady brass is notorious for being soft and I have the Hornady tool to turn necks so I'm not sure about your other question

That cam and small black follower work together to advance the cutter and retract the cutter by rotating the cam while turning the neck with the crank. It works but they're a little difficult to master.
Should be in the Forster instructions if you have them. I still have mine and don't use it anymore.

I have graduated to a K&M to do inside neck reaming and outside turning and the results are amazing. It also allows use of a cordless drill I have, to power it.

Thanks to all. I use the K&M for PP uniforming, great tool.
Just trying the Hornady for a start.
I have 300 7.62x52 LC NM once fired that I'll use when build is complete. It's really good stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.