Hornady 6.5C 143 ELD-X performance issues

NO more, 200+ grain, Boolitz for, me !
I'm still in, "Flinch Recovery mode", after Years ( 2 Decades ) of shooting, a .338 Win Mag with, 210 Noslers, scooting along at, 2,967 FPS !
I'm real Freakin' HAPPY with, the 140's in, a .270 WSM at, sub 3,200 FPS and the last few Elk that, I've shot with it, ARE just as,.. DEAD !
Actually, I'm even starting to think about, "possibly" Hunting Elk with, my New, 6.5 Creedmoor !
Nah,.. just kidding,.. I'll stick with,.. the .270 WSM for, Elk !
I now have, 3 SS, T-3 Lite, Tikka's, ALL, almost exactly alike, so I'll Practice, even MORE with, the Lighter Recoiling, 6.5 Creed !

Last edited:
NO more, 200+ grain, Boolitz for, me !
I'm still in, "Flinch Recovery mode", after Years ( 2 Decades ) of shooting, a .338 Win Mag with, 210 Noslers, scooting along at, 2,967 FPS !
I'm real Freakin' HAPPY with, the 140's in, a .270 WSM at, sub 3,200 FPS and the last few Elk that, I've shot with it, ARE just as,.. DEAD !
Actually, I'm even starting to think about, "possibly" Hunting Elk with, my New, 6.5 Creedmoor !
Nah,.. just kidding,.. I'll stick with,.. the .270 WSM for, Elk !
I now have, 3 SS, T-3 Lite, Tikka's, ALL, almost exactly alike, so I'll Practice, even MORE with, the Lighter Recoiling, 6.5 Creed !
I would have no hesitation to shoot an elk with my 6.5 saum.

I am shooting 7mm 150gr eld-x's out of my 7-08 and two weeks ago shot a cull buck at 130 yards. Found 5 drops of blood, searched for about 5 hours and couldn't find any other sign of blood. The blood I did find was bright red which leads me to believe it was a lung shot.
Last weekend I shot a 70-80lb pig at 180 yards and once again found blood at the point of impact and a trail for about 10 yards then nothing. I checked my zero after both lost animals and everything was good.