Horn. Interbond bullets

No, but plan to start playing with some interbond loads soon and will probably try them on Bambi this fall.

I did shoot a blacktail last fall with a 140 Accubond in a 270; he dropped just like he'd been shot, and the bullet exited.

Shot a mature whitetail buck (still only about 140 lbs dressed around here) last season with a 150 gr IB goin ahbout 2900 from a 30-06. It hit low in the chest right behind the shoulder and passed right through with a fairly large exit wound. When we skinned him there was massive damage and trauma around where the bullet went through, but no little peices of lead or jacket, which indicates to me that the bullet expanded significantly even though it didnt hit any tought or thick bone or pass through a thick part of the deer, but didn't come apart. It didnt knock him down and he jumped out of the feeder pen appearing to be fine but there was very easily followed sprays of blood all the way to him about 50 yards. I think had i hit him higher in the shoulder he would have gone down in the pen. This is my only experience with them and i think a nonpremium bullet would have done just as well, but i think this is a good choice for tougher game of shots at angles where nonpremium bullets might not penetrate enough. I personally prefer a bullet that will reliably go through, so even if he doesnt go down i will have a good blood trail to find him with, and i think this one does that while expanding enough to cause alot of damage. Accuracy with this bullet was as good in this rifle as any other i guess, its just a factory rem 700 bdl sporter. They also have high BCs. I personally quit using them b/c i got a 270 wsm and am now shooting a 130 grain bullet at 3300 fps and think i can get away without spending the money for premium bullets to kill whitetails. If youre interested in the IB, also check out the swift sirocco and nosler sccubond, both boat tail plastic pits with bonded cores like the IB.

I shot two white tails with 30 cal 150 interbond with my 30-338laupa imp. Doe at two hundred yards, exit hole size of basket ball suck out the guts and stomach, instant death. white buck 10 yards full out run angled shot, took one step before death. Shoots under .25 inch at 100yds at 3850FPS. Hope this helps

The interlock would be marginal for Elk and large deer, as would the SST. great for smaller deer though. The Interbond you mention is a tougher version of the interlock and has more controlled expansion, you should do just fine with it on larger deer and Elk. Hornady bullets are usualy **** accurate..
Pete

Thanks gentlemen for your insights. I will be loading the 150's for my son's BDL in the '06 this fall. But I was also pondering the idea of using the 165's, just incase he wanted to go after elk.

But I have the "x" bullets or the Nosler Part. that I guess he could use for the elk.

So we shall give them a try this year, I am sure they will hold together better than the Nosler Bal.-Tips that he has used for the last 4 yrs now. These have dropped his 3 Whitetail's and one Blacktail in their tracks with one shot - but, to much bullet pieces in the meat all the time.
-----------
Zod

yep the interbonds will hold together better than the Ballistic tips..
the interlocks and SST's come apart quite easily, thats why i wouldn't use em on big deer and elk..
Pete

I have tried the interbond in 308 Winchester, 300 WSM, and 300 Winchester Mag. I have not been able to get them to shoot well. I have used the 165 gr Swift Scirocco in the 300 Win Mag with very good accuracy. So far I have only shot a 180 lb whitetail. I have settled on 175 SMK for the 308, and 180 Partitions for the 300WSM.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.