Home-Made PM2 BDC result

It is not American english it is "Alabamese" and tactless Alabamese at that.

If I can get my daughter to teach me how to use a digital camera I will post a picture of the hard way to do what you did. Your camera work is really great to capture the detail of the lettering.

Back in the good ole days before there were computers, here is how I did it the hard way.

1. Take a target turret and a bottle of white fingernail polish and paint over all of the existing numbers and marks until u have a smooth surface.

2. Go to the range with a truck load of bullets and several different colors of fine point pen with indelible ink and begin zeroing the gun at every hundred yards and marking with the pen a line on the white fingernail polish on the turret and write the tiny little numbers above the line. Continue to do this for every hundred yards out to 1200 yards switching color of ink pen when you get to a complete rotation of the dial.

3. Take clear fingernail polish and coat over all of the marks and writing you have put on the dial inorder to protect it from the elements and solvents etc.

4. If one should decide to change bullets or powders, take fingernail polish remover and strip off all of the polish and start over again with applying the white fingernail polish and shooting and marking.

Now then, using this method usually required one 5 shot group to locate on the target and then an adjustment and another 5 shot goup to confirm the adjustment. To shoot in a dial to 1200 yards required on the order of 120 rounds to be fired. Your poor barrel was just about done for by the time you ever got it ready to actually go hunting .

I am highly interested in how you actually go Word to format so well. I much prefer to work with wordperfect.

Implicit in my "demand" was that I thought you had done a great job and I greatly appreciate you sending it anyway even if I was rude.

Thanks

Browndog

I looked over your program last night and that was a very interesting technique for solving a tricky formatting problem. It looks like the technique would adapt to almost any style .

Thanks again.

Buffalobob,

No worries (I wasn't offended, I was just attempting a bit of humour (humor) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Sent it to quite a few people off-site. Hope it is useful to all of you!

Ian,

No not yet, we're just over a month now -it's gone via Jupiter!

Funnily enough, just yesterday I was thinking I should email you to let you know that I wasn't sitting here with it without letting you know! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'll let you know as soon as it turns up, but I'm beginning to wonder if some postal worker has himself a great new piece of kit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone wants me to email them the basic word document I created [to save themselves effort in messing around with fonts, drawing and other computer naus] I'd be more than happy to do so.

[/ QUOTE ]
I never got around to making another for mine.... when youve got a few minutes, please send me a copy as well.

Thanks

It is quite colorful. A very interesting "slant" on a problem.

I did not take much care when I put the Leopold on the 240 so I may have to take it off and shim it some to get it reset so I have enough elevation to play with. Fortunately ABINOKs beer can shim analysis is available or was it a coke can?

First thing is I need to settle on which bullets I am going to shoot. Thats the nice thing about the computer made BDCs they are easy to change as long as you and Brown Dog do all of the hard work first.

[ QUOTE ]
Fortunately ABINOKs beer can shim analysis is available or was it a coke can?

[/ QUOTE ]
Im not a beer drinker, so I don't have any cans to compare, but coke (um... dr pepper) cans are usually .004". im betting beer cans are the same.

Wildworks, Bowman. Emails sent. Let me know if you have questions. You can also just do this for two rotations for the closer stuff but mount it high on the turret so you can still see the MOA marks for precise drops at the longer ranges.

I would like it if someone would post a picture so others can see it on a turret. It dosen't have to match the trajectory of their rifle. Just print cut and tape for a photo. I would but our digital cameras are kaput.

Thanks guys. Hope you find it useful.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts