Holy hazmat!!!

Really? It is a free market economy, the alternative is MUCH worse.
Right now Midway has Reloder 50 in 8# jug for 210 + 13 S/H + 13 hazmat = $236
My local store has it for $304- S/H or Hazmat though...
Don't go off the deep end. I just stated you get it where it is available. If it is at a local store for higher than normal or you find it online and save a few bucks. You are still going to pay the piper to get it.

What's the deal with these high hazmat fees plus shipping on top? Just capitalism at work during these times?? Just purchased a couple pounds of powder from a certain online retailer... $38 for hazmat then another $32 for shipping??? It's getting ridiculous.. guess I just needed to vent.

That's absolutely ridiculous. Where did you order from?

I found some powder that guys I shoot with need (Varget) at I think the same Az. place....$40.00 a lb!!!! Plus outrageous hazmat......but what yanked my chain is that normally it would be $30-32 a lb. Sooo, from now on, they will be my last choice....I understand how free enterprise works, but any company that does that to customers, well, they can survive without my business..rsbhunter

As a business owner that deals in firearms, ammunition and reloading supplies I know what it costs to ship items. The last time I shipped hazmat items it was $30 plus shipping. Most places are selling powder at cost or a couple of dollars over cost so discounting shipping on powder and taking a hit on hazmat fees is how you close shop really fast. People have been given things so cheaply lately that now they expect it. I try to make a little money on the products and charge the customer what it costs me to ship. A business can not sell for less then what it costs them for the product and shipping or they won't be in business very long.

As a business owner that deals in firearms, ammunition and reloading supplies I know what it costs to ship items. The last time I shipped hazmat items it was $30 plus shipping. Most places are selling powder at cost or a couple of dollars over cost so discounting shipping on powder and taking a hit on hazmat fees is how you close shop really fast. People have been given things so cheaply lately that now they expect it. I try to make a little money on the products and charge the customer what it costs me to ship. A business can not sell for less then what it costs them for the product and shipping or they won't be in business very long.
Understood. But we are talking about places obviously price gouging. Especially ONE place in particular.
I hear RL26 is a tuff habit to break....

I've cancelled a few orders in last year because when it came time to check out I couldn't pull the trigger with the fees. Luckily there are gun shows and small gun shops here in North Florida that have some powder, mostly IMR. Can't imagine if the election does not go our way.

What's the deal with these high hazmat fees plus shipping on top? Just capitalism at work during these times?? Just purchased a couple pounds of powder from a certain online retailer... $38 for hazmat then another $32 for shipping??? It's getting ridiculous.. guess I just needed to vent.
Basics of supply and demand

I just purchased 4 lbs of Lil Gun from Powder Valley in 4 one lb containers. The powder was $22 per lb and hazmat was 19.95, shipping was 9.95. If you include the hazmat and shipping its $29.50 per lb which still cheaper than I can find it locally.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.