Hog Nest - Sow and Piglets

Double Naught Spy

Glenn Guess had shown me pics of some hog nests and I had read something about them sometime back, but I had never found one and probably would not recognize one without a sow and piglets in it, but I finally found one...with a sow and piglets in it. Apparently, pregnant sows will prepare a spot to farrow, and then to raise the piglets for the first few days until they are big and strong enough to run with the sounder. This is what I discovered under a small stand of 6-8 cedar trees, a couple of oaks, and a lot of dried grass that the hog had piled up under the trees.

[ame]https://youtu.be/CBP4tkRXEJo[/ame]

Very cool I had no idea they made nests. As always Great video love the satellite view.
As I was watching I was thinking how the heck you would know if it was a pig and thought you might pass. As soon as I thought that you said you heard pigs. I always wonder as I have a crappy gen 2 night vision and I always get nervous to misidentify something. I'd hate for it not to be what I was after.
I really liked that scope I have a feeling I'll be in touch with you for advice soon as I'm looking to buy some land in Texas or Florida to hunt hogs on then I could justify buying thermal.

The difference between NV and thermal is incredible! I get much better detail with my NV, but for locating hogs, thermal rules! Each has its place, but I'll stick with thermal if I have to make a choice.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.