3 Sows Down and First SiOnyx Aurora Action Cam Hog Video

Double Naught Spy

I returned last night to my property that has a large petroleum well pad and waited for hogs to show up. I arrived early and did a brief pedestrian survey of to locate new sign and found where the hogs had been rubbing on a telephone/power pole and then some normal rooting spots and random droppings. The tracks under the rubbing on the pole included both hog and cattle and were a few days old, but it seemed like a good spot to set up and watch for hogs. Turns out, it was a terrific spot.

While waiting on hogs, I had been using both my thermal scanner and new SiOnyx Aurora IR Night Vision camera as handhelds passing the time. So when I spied the hogs trotting in with my thermal, I hastily attached the SiOnyx Aurora to my rifle and started my brief stalk, emphasis on "hastily." Well, this is a field test, after all...

First hog, DRT. Second hog was spined and dropped with a shot through the neck that was mortal, but she later got a follow-up shot because she was moving too much. Hog 3 was clipped on the run and then finally barrel rolled with a shot that passed through the brow of the skull as she ran.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.