Hog guides around Orlando

Do you have a thermal? Back when we lost our hunting lease here in FL my buddy and I put up a listing on craigslist for private land owners who had hog/yote issues up to at least keep some level of hunting up. 2 different leases one north of Gainesville and another up hear panhandle wanted us to come tackle their hog/yote issues. Just a thought if you own your own stuff...they especially loved that we had suppressors were begging us to come up, but just too much driving from our location.
You must be an old guy................................. like me. I'm 83 and no longer into driving long distances. I actually sold my get-away in the Penna Poconos for that very reason. I live 1/2 way down the east coast of Florida, and the pan-handle is a good 10 hour drive.
I suppose if I could find a hunting buddy who would share the drivig it wouldn't be so bad. Back when we had some decent size ranches and groves in the my area and before the hog population got out of hand, I could get ot 3 or 4 times every year. As the hog population has exploded, so has the influx of humanity, and the hunting only opportunities even reasonably close cost $200 to $250 a day.

You must be an old guy................................. like me. I'm 83 and no longer into driving long distances. I actually sold my get-away in the Penna Poconos for that very reason. I live 1/2 way down the east coast of Florida, and the pan-handle is a good 10 hour drive.
I suppose if I could find a hunting buddy who would share the drivig it wouldn't be so bad. Back when we had some decent size ranches and groves in the my area and before the hog population got out of hand, I could get ot 3 or 4 times every year. As the hog population has exploded, so has the influx of humanity, and the hunting only opportunities even reasonably close cost $200 to $250 a day.
How lazy am I? I have open invites to hunt property in GA that are absolutely filled with buck slobs, but it's a 6 hour drive. I can thermal about 90 minutes from here up in Gainesville.....again....too far for me:). LAZY

How lazy am I? I have open invites to hunt property in GA that are absolutely filled with buck slobs, but it's a 6 hour drive. I can thermal about 90 minutes from here up in Gainesville.....again....too far for me:). LAZY
Would you go if a fellow hunter stopped by and picked you up so you share the drive~?

Would you go if a fellow hunter stopped by and picked you up so you share the drive~?
I suppose if it was an hour or less. Maybe lazy isn't a good enough descripton.🤣. If it were a property just filthy with varmints and one where driving around scanning vs sitting in a truck for hours....possibly.

Oddly a local text me Friday about coming over to schwack some coyotoes on his property about 30 minutes away. We had talked several years ago when I was a thermal junkie I just never got over to help him as I was still on a lease. I'm turfing it over to some buddies b/c I don't want to stay out til 10pm.....I'll be long asleep b/f that yote comes in to eat a chicken!

I live in Oklahoma, but have a relative in Nashville that I would really like to take hog hunting. Any suggestions of someone near there that has hunts? Thanks...

Silverlake Preserve is excellent and is a very professional setup.
Also, there's a lodge with cooked steak dinner and breakfast if you want to stay the night.
Quail, Hog, Alligator, Turkey, Pheasant tower shoots.
Surrounded by Orange Groves so the hog are FAT and super sweet eating.

Attachments

• E0D32FE2-79B3-44AD-947E-EFAC31E34ADC.jpeg
    E0D32FE2-79B3-44AD-947E-EFAC31E34ADC.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 50
  • A48A5F1B-4C33-44D2-8718-583E852FFCD0.png
    A48A5F1B-4C33-44D2-8718-583E852FFCD0.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 58
You can just Google Volusia County hog hunts. That's 45 minutes for me and there's a ton of them over there Billy Bob put signs up on the telephone poles you can find one cheap
I live in Volusia County, in Deltona. You can pick up a free copy of the hunting regulations, and look through the ads. Plenty of reasonable private hunts in the area. Several GMU's too. I'll be out this winter with my good old JM Marlin 1895.

Ok this is hilarious. I've not thermaled in a couple of years actually sold mine. Going out to thermal yote hunt one night this week with a buddy down the road, but it's only 20 minutes so.....I think I can stay awake. I'm blaming this thread for keeping me out past my bedtime on a school night!