Hog attractant - strawberry delight

Just got my feeder filled this past Saturday. Fishing has been so good I didn't make it up in June to keep it running the whole year. So it's been out for a while.

Backed my truck up to the feeder so I could check everything...all working fine, so I filled it. Went to my "hole", cleaned it out a bit so I could pour in a bag of corn. Then dumped a family size box of strawberry jello, then followed that with 2 liter of Big Red. Pulled the truck to the stand to check it out and make another "hole" opposite side of the feeder. As I got back in the truck I seen movement in the right side mirror...yep a decent 8pt buck had shown up even with the truck sitting 75yds away...with the engine running!

When the Big Red hits the jello it foams up and smells real strong! It seems bucks are really attracted to the sweet smell. It effects the hogs the same way.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.