His and her moose 2006

Idaho_Elk_Huntr

About 6 pm yesterday my wife out done me. She took a nice bull. Havent measured it yet but it is nicer than the one I took Labor Day weekend. She shot it 150 yards with her Remington 7mm-08 using a 150 grain TSX and it went down like it was hit by a train. Bullet completely passed thru.
Her bull completly smoked mine.
I shot mine with my 338 Ultra and the hers dropped faster than mine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Mr Dave King, those pack frames were put to good use as my bull wasnt so close to the road. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would of been really upset if I would not of been able to try out that Bull Pac. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jan_s_moose1.jpg

teds_moose.jpg

IEH,

Congratulations to both you and your bride on two beautiful bulls. Looks like your wife really knows how and where to drop a bull.
What was your load for your 338 RUM and what kind of performance did you see?

Regards,

JD338

[ QUOTE ]
IEH,

Congratulations to both you and your bride on two beautiful bulls. Looks like your wife really knows how and where to drop a bull.
What was your load for your 338 RUM and what kind of performance did you see?

Regards,

JD338

[/ QUOTE ]

338 Ultra
225 gain Accubond 96 grains RL
Fed 215 m primer
Rem brass
Took out both lungs at 30 yards. He stood there as if he hadnt been hit. I chambered anohter round and before I was on him he dropped. Lungs lookde like jelly. Bullet weighed 127 grains but heck 3200+ at 90 feet.

Wifes load was 7mm-08
150 grain Tsx
43.5 grains Varget
Rem#9 primer
Winchester brass
He dropped like a train fell on him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats to you and your wife on a fine two moose hunting season.

Maybe another freezer is in order at your place after this.

Thanks IEH.
Do you have any more pics you can share of both moose, recovered bullets, etc.
I am really interested in the Sires Moose and woould use my 338 RUM. I currently have 7 preference points in WY.

Again, congratulations to the both of you.

JD338

Idaho_Elk_Huntr:

Great story and pics. Looks like a couple of happy hunters. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Tell your wife congratulations on a great moose!!!

Those are both nice bulls and I think if it was me, I'd probably be glad my wife outdid me. That'll just keep her interest up and you'll have some more great hunts in the future.

I'll be in Idaho in a few days hunting deer and there are moose in the lower areas where we'll be camping. Should be interesting.

Here is another pic of her moose. We have a bunch but havent resized them yey. The bullet almost half its weight but fire at above 3200 fps and at 90 feet it should of been dust. It is a beautiful mushroom.

m15a.jpg

accu.jpg

You are living my dream sir. Congrats!
Nothing taste better than barbequed moose on a whole wheat bun.
Do you have to apply for permits if you are a resident?
Is it on a draw system like Montana?
How many meese (sorry) are you allowed in a lifetime? TIA.

[ QUOTE ]
You are living my dream sir. Congrats!
Nothing taste better than barbequed moose on a whole wheat bun.
Do you have to apply for permits if you are a resident?
Is it on a draw system like Montana?
How many meese (sorry) are you allowed in a lifetime? TIA.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a draw and you are allowed one bull and one cow in a lifetime. Rumor is that htey are trying to change it to once ever 7 years. I guess time will tell.

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats to you and your wife on a fine two moose hunting season.

Maybe another freezer is in order at your place after this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, I will be looking for one today. I also got a bear the same day I got my moose. The frezzer we have is a 30 CF upright and after this moose it will be full with a little extra. I have give away some and treated the guys at work to a elk sausage and moose burger cookout. Those pack frames got a little workout on mine but as you can see we only had to cut hers up and load it.
It was over the hill a bit but we hooked up 4 or 5 straps we had and pulled it up the hill to the road. I was in my new Explorer and it had a hard time. All the tires were just biting and spinning. It finally caught hold and brought him up out of there.

lso got little Boo Boo here the same day as I got my bull. We dropped my moose off at the processors and when we got home the neighbor a mile down the road was at the howse wanting to know if I could come over and see what was killing his chickens. Said he had lost 150 in the last month. I headed over and got there at 5pm. At 515 Boo Boo was getting loaded in the truck. I didnt really want to shoot the little bear but figured I would be doing the man a big favor.
bear12.jpg

Nice dog! Where's the picture of the bear?

Really though, sometimes it's a bite the bullet deal when trying to help a neighbor out... I've shot a pile of tiny deer helping the neighbors, havent had to shoot a chicken kill'n bear yet.

Good going on the moose and bear!
Two things a Boo Boo has going for it.First off thier the best tasteing game a guy can find!!and its a lot easier to find a place to hang the hide or cheaper to have it mounted.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.