high quality ar 15 barrel

Logan, first question here, what are you looking to do? There's plenty of good barrels out there at reasonable prices, such as Wilson or Douglas, that will give you outstanding service, and be far better than the mil-spec chrome lined barrels that come on most ARs from the factories. Going a step above that, you can get into true, premium match barrels like Satern, Hart or Krieger, but you'll definately pay more for these. Really depends on what you're doing, as to whether or not you can justify the added expense. And, for what it's worth, I've seen 600 yard "cleans" shot in competition with both the Wilson and Douglas barrels on many occasions.

So . . . what did you want to do with this one?

Krieger or JP systems. Neither will break the bank and both are absolutely excellent barrels.

Before you jump in too deep though I'd say handle an AR or two that have full bull barrels on them. You will find they are about useless for anything but LR and varmint work as they are heavy as hell, especially if you get the full 24" 1" bull like I did.

Mine weighs in right at 16lbs (AR-260) which is great for those purposes, but it's sure not what you want to be grabbing when you need one fast.

3522d1320392918-all-you-people-thinking-getting-started-but-intimidated-dollars-img_0066.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.