Hi-Lux Uni Dial turret scopes?

mocrawlin

Anyone have one, or used one? Just curious if it does the job, or if i should look at other budget scopes? Just got a ruger 6.5 creedmoor, and im on a tight budget for the time being, but will be getting higher end scope in a few months. just looking for something that will allow me to shoot 500 to 800 yards till then, and that Uni Dial has me intriuged. I like the idea of it instead of a dedicated caliber/load engraved turret that has to be ordered. Thanks for any input.

Never heard of that brand. For years after I could afford "better" stuff I used Tasco World Class 4-16X40. My long range rifle had a Tasco Trajectory 6-24X40 model. It tracked with the best I have used since. My longest shot with it was on a rock chuck feeding straight away presenting a soft ball size target. The 75 grain A-Max centered the rump and exited under the chin. The range was 527 yards.

My first elk was at a ranged 400 yards. The rifle was a semi-custom Short Fat Seven with a Tasco Trajectory 4-16X40. I dialed and the 160 grain partition took out the arteries at the top of the heart.

I think each one cost less than a hundred bucks.

The only experience I have had with Hi Lux was with one of their 2.5X Lyman replicas I bought for a 1903 Springfield A4. It may not be a fair comparison, but based on the quality and performance of my particular scope, I would be skeptical.

TASCO was bought out by SWFA, who kept only the top line Super Sniper scope initially for a US Navy Seal contract. Later SWFA brought out other scopes.

I have a SWFA 3 - 15 x 42 FFP, mil/mil, side focus scope on my 6.5 CM Ruger American Predator that, for a once-a -year sale price of about $550. is excellent.

SWFA has no advertising and no middlemen so their prices give you a lot for the money in terms of glass quality, mechanical quality and durability.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts