Hi, I'm new here

Re: Hi, I\'m new here

Steve,
Welcome to the forum. Good group of guys here. I hope you enjoy your stay, and look forward to your participation.
One of my next barrels in my MOA Maximum will be a 280 Improved. I like the 6.5's and the 7's myself

Hi Steve -- Been wanting to get a hold of you about a 223AI build, but the 2 emails I have for you bounced back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Please send me an email if you would. (email in my profile here)

Thanks,
Jason

[ QUOTE ]
Good shooting! Nice looking speed goat as well!Do you experiment with many wild cats? If so what kind and how many?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper2,

Yeah, I've run wildcats for about the last fifty years. Some were my own rifles and many were project rifles for articles.

My curent personal stable of wildcat rifles is as follows: Three .223 Ackleys, a Gordy Gritters .22-250 Ackley, a .250 Ackley, a Gordy Gritters 6.5-'06 Ackley and two .280 Ackleys. These are my working rifles.

Over the years, I've worked with everything from the .17 Mack IV to the .338-06 Ackley. Been there, done that. How many wildcats have I worked with? I would have to honestly say that I don't know. Lots.

To kinda put it in proportion, I'll attach a photo of my backup once-fired .223 Ackley brass. The boxes measure 13"X13"X5". A year or so ago, I actually weighed my reserves supply of once-fired .223 Ackley brass and it was way more than one hundred pounds (113 lbs, I believe). I fireform .223 Ackley in the field, so retty much every empty case you see here has killed an animal ... prairie dog, ground squirell, fox, coyote or bobcat.

My actual "working" lot of .223 Ackley brass is 2,000+ rounds of Winchester Supreme Nickel. Hmmmmm, Old Steve, the white-haired old phart, isn't likely to run out of brass any time soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Steve

100_0405.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Steve -- Been wanting to get a hold of you about a 223AI build, but the 2 emails I have for you bounced back /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Please send me an email if you would. (email in my profile here)

Thanks,
Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Friend Jason,

I tried to PM you, but my PM button apparently doesn't work. Please send me a PM and we'll get a dialog started, plus I'll send you my e-mail address. (e-mail is my old handle over at 24HourCampfire, plus (at) comcast.com)

We'll get it done, my friend.

Steve

Steve -- i had @aol and @msn before... @comcast.com bounced

@comcast.net seems to have gone thru

If you don't get that email, hit me at my handle @yahoo.com

Take care,
Jason

[ QUOTE ]
Steve -- i had @aol and @msn before... @comcast.com bounced

@comcast.net seems to have gone thru

If you don't get that email, hit me at my handle @yahoo.com

Take care,
Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason,

Yup, "net" worked. I stupidly told you wrong; sorry about that.

I replied to your e-mail, so now we are cyber-linked. Now, ask away, my friend.

Steve

Hi Steve,
I'm new too. I had the misfortune of hunting with Kjeld Kruger. I'm sure you made a great shot , but I suspect that Kruger had never seen an eland killed. I booked a lion hunt with him and when the lion was in the cross hairs, he pulled my rifle away and said that he "didn't have a permit." I gave him the benefit of every doubt and went back a second time after he had promised that all was in order. It wasn't and I fired him mid hunt. Back in the states, I learned that he had sold lion, leopard and elephant hunts to others without permits and failed to make refunds. I just saw in April, 2008, a court judgment was entered against him and in favor of his broker. The judgment required Kruger to turn over the same rifles he had with me. I hope that you got your eland. The word in Limpopo was that land owners were not turning over trophies because Kruger hadn't paid them.
On a better note, I just ordered a Barrett 98. Does anyone have any load data?
Tad

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.