Hi Capacity mag 300 Wby Vanguard?

Exitwound

I'm doing a custom build on a 300 Mag Vanguard. Among other things, I'm replacing the stock with a Black Hawk Knoxx Axiom. I'd like to get rid of the floor plate system and get a hi capacity magazine/s. I have no official gun smith training but seem to fumble through the basics with ease.

How do I go about achieving this ? Does somebody make an aftermarket system?

Thanks for any help.

Thank you for that brother man. You saved me a lot of internet search time.

I just got my Black Hawk stock today, and I must say, at first glance, I'm not impressed. I put it back in its package and will mess with it after hunting season. Maybe it will surprise me when I install it.

Out of my price range. I have tried to bail out of this gun twice already, and somehow I keep getting sucked back in, so I figure I'm over the edge now, no turning back. at $3.00 a shot its a bit pricey for me. I'd trade it for a 30/06 but I'm already in too deep.

No. But I met a gunsmith/reloader in Maine and I'm bringing 500 rounds of S&W 40 and 80 300 Mag to see what it will cost me when I head up there Tue hunting.

no one makes one currently. I wish someone did. I have my custom 300 win mag built on that same action. If you contact Pete at the URL I have included below he maybe can help. He is supposed to have a detacable mag system for the LA HOWA action on the way and I have been pestering him about it for almost a year now.

Roedale Precision - Pete Lincoln

YOU ARE DA MAN! I asked Pete about them, and he said he will have them "Early next year." I didn't ask any details but asked him to keep me in the loop. Very exciting! gun)

ICANHITHIMMAN I didn't go in depth when I asked Pete and don't want to pester him (just yet). I'm just wondering if you happen to know the capacity of the mag you proposed to him ?

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.