Hey Mach V....

Gunslinger

Do you know of any 1000yd.+ ranges in Central Minnesota to shoot at? I have been forced to putting steel gongs in the neighbors fields and shooting prone off my Harris. I would like to find a good range with a rocksteady bench to shoot off!! Don't want to travel too far or spend too much either. I could probably talk my neighbor into letting me put a bench on the edge of his field. I can get about 1300yds out of the field. Just wondering!! Thanks!

mbigley

Savageshooter, where are you located out there. I just moved from Bloomington and did an awful lot of hunting out in the central part of MN.

Nodak7mm

Savage Shooter,

May be a bit of a drive for ya assuming your in or around Brainerd, but are you aware of the MN Rifle & Revolver club at Harris? Bout an hr or better north of the twin cities on the east side. They have a 1K Range.. And I believe a website.. Also, the Guard "had" a 1K range in Roseau, not sure of its status anymore.... Good luck

[ 04-30-2003: Message edited by: Nodak7mm ]

MachV

Harris is the only official 1000yard range I know of but ya gotta be a member & it aint easy,cheap or soon.There are a few 200yard ranges around & there is talk of expanding the range @ mankato to 600 but they are getting a lot of resistance the last I heard.
Like you we setup and shoot from one property to another.If we use my backstop at the farm & shoot ofa Curts bench we can get 1200 yards.
It would be nice to be able to set a bench out the back yard but the neighbors think they are in Komafornia.If I pulled the triger in the pic I all hell would break loose,kinda a shame as there is now a pile of dirt 1400 yards out in the field.

Gunslinger

Hey Matt, I live in a little town called French Lake. Just South West of Annandale about 7 miles. I am a member of The Rainbow Sportsmans Club near Cokato. Matt- where did you hunt in Central Minnesota?

Hey Nodak- Just looked at a map. Harris is about 1 1/2 hours from me. It is just Nort of North Branch.

I currently work in St. Cloud and for my job I do alot of driving around from Willmar to Foley to Rockford. I cover alot of the central portion of the state. If any are interested, usually the first weekend in June we have a 100,200,300 yard varmint shoot at the sportsmans club I belong to. They do have some rules to follow though!
No benchrest guns, 3lbs. or heavier triggers, etc.

[ 05-01-2003: Message edited by: Savageshooter ]

[ 05-01-2003: Message edited by: Savageshooter ]

MachV

Savageshooter
It just got a lot easier for us to shoot the BMGs.The inlaws(outlaws in this case) live in the Annandale,Monticelo area & am forced(ya right)to go up there regularly.
Drop me a line & we can pull the triggers sometime=CJ

mbigley

savage: a good friend and former coworker lives in Annadale and my girlfriend's parents have a farm in Silver Creek. I hunted that a lot, especially for ducks and geese. Nothing like flooded corn for ducks.

Gunslinger

Mach V and Matt,
The world gets smaller everyday! Anytime you guys are up this way feel free to call or e-mail prior to leaving, and I will try and set up a good long range shooting area!! I know the President and range master of the Annandale shooting range real well and I am a member to the Rainbow Sportsmans Club in Cokato, and members are allowed to bring guests anytime. Rainbow has a 300yd range w/benches. I would be more than happy to send some lead downrange with you guys!! Let me know next time you are in the area!!

e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 320-267-1947

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce