Hey everyone

Braxton567

New to the whole long range hunting thing I'm from Mississippi so don't get to many long range shot opportunities. But it's on my bucket list to head out west for a mule deer or elk but why not both. Excited about the idea of stalking instead of spending hours sitting in treestand. Enjoy reading everybody's articles and hope to share my hunt with y'all when it finally comes together.

Welcome to the forum! There's pros and cons to both types of hunting. I'm only familiar with the 'out west' type. Do you get to use any type of baiting strategy? Hope you get to try out west some time.

New to the whole long range hunting thing I'm from Mississippi so don't get to many long range shot opportunities. But it's on my bucket list to head out west for a mule deer or elk but why not both. Excited about the idea of stalking instead of spending hours sitting in treestand. Enjoy reading everybody's articles and hope to share my hunt with y'all when it finally comes together.
Welcome to the forum from Tennessee I'm sure you can find somewhere to get a longer shot opportunity here

They just made it legal last year to hunt over bait in Alabama but it's not a guaranteed thing like most people think. Like the idea of hiking around looking for deer

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.