Hello Everyone!

Brychan406

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be here and part of this forum! Though I have finally pulled the trigger on signing up for this forum, I have been reading articles that have been posted for well of 5 years on this forum.

I have been shooting long range since I was kid as my Dad competes. First 1000 yard shot was when I was 16 and it was with 6.5x284. Then my first just shy of mile shot was with 338 ackley . All of these were with my Dad's build.

Once I turned 25 I decided that I was going to pull the trigger on my first build. Which was a 338 lapua, took sometime to save up for parts and proper gun smithing but 1.5 years later she was built. I used a Stiller TAC338 action, with a proof research 28" barrel with patriot valley arms jet black muzzle brake and all was set on a mcrees chassis. The glass I have for this build is a Tract Toric 4.5x30. I have consistently reached out to 1500 with her but ran out of room to shoot further. I will attach pictures at the end of the post. I currently have used this gun for local shoots and fundraisers but have mainly used it for hunting. She's heavy but I'll pack her around! Currently looking at ways to lighten the load on her.

My second build was and AR15 224 Valkyrie, built this for deer, antelope and coyote. However I struggled keeping consistent groups with my loads. I would work a load up and then 50 rounds later she would completely open up and then back to ladder test we went, curious if anyone else has had this problem. After much frustration I decided to upgrade to the 6mm Arc "It was all the craze and I gave in". After putting a proof SS barrel matched with the "sixfiveoutfitters" ultra bolt and the jet blast break she shot like dream and I have yet to have my groups open up so dramatically after very few shots!

Now that I have the two guns I currently have built here's a little more about me.

I am a born and raised Montanan, and have been hunting since I was in diapers. Hunting is how I get all my meat for the year as let's be honest you can't really trust store bought meat anymore. I am currently Wildland firefighter and was a Helena Hotshot for 6 years on top of 5 years working on a district crew. Due to health issues caused from hotshotting I am currently working in dispatch. So now I have all the time in world to research and look into my next build and or new parts for my current ladies!!!

Can't wait to interact with you all

Sincerely,

Brychan

FYI : if there are typos it's because I typed this all up on my phone .

Attachments

• 6mm.jpeg
    6mm.jpeg
    508.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 338 lapua.jpeg
    338 lapua.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 28
Hello everyone,

I'm excited to be here and part of this forum! Though I have finally pulled the trigger on signing up for this forum, I have been reading articles that have been posted for well of 5 years on this forum.

I have been shooting long range since I was kid as my Dad competes. First 1000 yard shot was when I was 16 and it was with 6.5x284. Then my first just shy of mile shot was with 338 ackley . All of these were with my Dad's build.

Once I turned 25 I decided that I was going to pull the trigger on my first build. Which was a 338 lapua, took sometime to save up for parts and proper gun smithing but 1.5 years later she was built. I used a Stiller TAC338 action, with a proof research 28" barrel with patriot valley arms jet black muzzle brake and all was set on a mcrees chassis. The glass I have for this build is a Tract Toric 4.5x30. I have consistently reached out to 1500 with her but ran out of room to shoot further. I will attach pictures at the end of the post. I currently have used this gun for local shoots and fundraisers but have mainly used it for hunting. She's heavy but I'll pack her around! Currently looking at ways to lighten the load on her.

My second build was and AR15 224 Valkyrie, built this for deer, antelope and coyote. However I struggled keeping consistent groups with my loads. I would work a load up and then 50 rounds later she would completely open up and then back to ladder test we went, curious if anyone else has had this problem. After much frustration I decided to upgrade to the 6mm Arc "It was all the craze and I gave in". After putting a proof SS barrel matched with the "sixfiveoutfitters" ultra bolt and the jet blast break she shot like dream and I have yet to have my groups open up so dramatically after very few shots!

Now that I have the two guns I currently have built here's a little more about me.

I am a born and raised Montanan, and have been hunting since I was in diapers. Hunting is how I get all my meat for the year as let's be honest you can't really trust store bought meat anymore. I am currently Wildland firefighter and was a Helena Hotshot for 6 years on top of 5 years working on a district crew. Due to health issues caused from hotshotting I am currently working in dispatch. So now I have all the time in world to research and look into my next build and or new parts for my current ladies!!!

Can't wait to interact with you all

Sincerely,

Brychan

FYI : if there are typos it's because I typed this all up on my phone .
Brychan,

Greetings from the Great Falls side of the Big Sky Country! Welcome to LRH, and enjoy.

Ed

Recent Posts