Hey Echo018, get in here

Thanks for calling him out Darryle. Good eye and most likely saved someone from being taken.

Actually, the new member I dealt with brought it to my attention. I hate to see anyone get scammed out of their hard earned money.

I really wish that every forum would make it impossible to post WTB ads. I realize that this forum is one of the better forums, actually there are 4 I would consider that the members are really good at identifying the scams, but we still read about a member getting scammed.

This should be a reminder to everyone that does post a WTB ad, that they are solely responsible for vetting the seller. Do your due diligence, when a member contacts you, don't be afraid to ask for very specific pictures, look at the date they joined, read their posts if they have any, verify that the account is current and not hacked, ask them if you can video call them, do not go to email or text, keep the paper trail in the forum. Don't be afraid to walk away from a "deal" if you are not 100% comfortable.

I recently saw a thread on another forum about being scammed by a member, turns out that member hasn't been active in 13yrs, so it was a hacker that gained access to that member's account and scammed a member.

I knew that we would never see any proof, that ID is burned now, I doubt it will be used.

We have had other types of scams ran here, these are the most frustrating for me, the more astute members will know exactly what I am referring to.

Actually, the new member I dealt with brought it to my attention. I hate to see anyone get scammed out of their hard earned money.

I really wish that every forum would make it impossible to post WTB ads. I realize that this forum is one of the better forums, actually there are 4 I would consider that the members are really good at identifying the scams, but we still read about a member getting scammed.

This should be a reminder to everyone that does post a WTB ad, that they are solely responsible for vetting the seller. Do your due diligence, when a member contacts you, don't be afraid to ask for very specific pictures, look at the date they joined, read their posts if they have any, verify that the account is current and not hacked, ask them if you can video call them, do not go to email or text, keep the paper trail in the forum. Don't be afraid to walk away from a "deal" if you are not 100% comfortable.

I recently saw a thread on another forum about being scammed by a member, turns out that member hasn't been active in 13yrs, so it was a hacker that gained access to that member's account and scammed a member.

I knew that we would never see any proof, that ID is burned now, I doubt it will be used.

We have had other types of scams ran here, these are the most frustrating for me, the more astute members will know exactly what I am referring to.
Curious if you reported this to the forum Admin for them to take the appropriate action. Thanks for bringing this to light.

The new member was asked to report it, since I didn't receive the actual PM, I couldn't report it. The member was not really sure of the process and since we had a transaction he reached out to me.
Either way, I'm glad you brought this to everyones attention. Even if it turns out legit, which is doubtful in my mind, everyone can learn from it.

Thank you, Darryle!

I'll keep preaching it on any of these scam threads. Do a video call with the seller holding the item and do a screen shot during the call of the seller!! Still no guarantee they will ship, but having their face to give to law enforcement may help a bit.

The new member was asked to report it, since I didn't receive the actual PM, I couldn't report it. The member was not really sure of the process and since we had a transaction he reached out to me.
I reported it just after we spoke! I knew it wasn't legit due to the photoshopped image, area code, etc. and wanted to make sure it was addressed. I appreciate you Darryl and the assistance.

I reported it just after we spoke! I knew it wasn't legit due to the photoshopped image, area code, etc. and wanted to make sure it was addressed. I appreciate you Darryl and the assistance.

Don't hesitate in the future to create a thread if you think it is suspect, especially if it is a new member who recently joined.

It's easy to weed out and eliminate the established members who are straight up. It's the less than honest members we have to have to have each other's back on to prevent another member from being scammed.

It should not offend a honest member to be called out, because it's for the good of the forum to rid this place and eliminate the desire to scam a member because they realize the potential of being outed is high.

This is one of the things I love about this site, people trying to scam are usually caught and outted quickly, good job Darryle

Here is a better image of what was sent; it may help others recognize a photoshopped/altered image in the future.
IMG_0824.jpeg