Henrys buffalo

shootinfool

A friend of mine has asked me to come along on a buffalo hunt down in the henrys. I know he has gone down there a couple of times scouting, but if anyone has any info on where to hunt, how to hunt etc. I would apreciate any help that you can offer. This should be a good hunt to get some long shots and even though I am not hunting I am excited about it. Thanks for any help in advance.

Buffalo in the Henrys can be standing in the middle of the road or impossible to find in the pinyons. At least that is the way it was for me.

Depending on the pressure and the weather, the critters can be anywhere from the Waterpocket Fold clear up and across the desert to the top of Pinnell. The key is to glass your glass off. And watch those cedars on the foothill hard. It is amazing how well a herd of bison can disappear in a small grove of cedars.

You might hear of rumors of them on the north side of the Henry's but I would concentrate on the west side only.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.