Henry Long Ranger Reviews?

Yes I would call them and say I got a turd! If it won't hold near MOA that's the truth. Hold them to their claimed warranty.

Here are a few picture of the forearm end when I remove the metal cap. The right hand side is the side that is not 100% free floated

Attachments

• EDC43716-6904-4942-ADF0-8563D7E30C3C.jpeg
    EDC43716-6904-4942-ADF0-8563D7E30C3C.jpeg
    793.3 KB · Views: 242
  • FDD1E145-1C56-4A88-9026-584A88F13D95.jpeg
    FDD1E145-1C56-4A88-9026-584A88F13D95.jpeg
    734.1 KB · Views: 285
Ended up buying the Henry and putting a luepold VX-2 4-12x40! Have high hopes for this rifle, especially with the Luepold CDS system! Thinking it will be my go to elk and deer gun out to 500 yards!

I will be attempting to find a gun Smith to lessen the trigger pull and will need to try to find a tripod that will fit the forearm. The sling swivel is in the front most part of the forearm stock and standard bipods don't mount and hold very steady

Ranger Point Precision. This guy knows lever actions and has done lots of accurizing on Henry's and Marlin's.

Anyone have any first hand experience? I've watched every video I could and read just about every review I could get my hands on and the reviews seem to be very positive! Including sub MOA groupings with factory ammo

But at $850-$900 retail, there are many bolt action guns that fall in or below that price range that are good shooters too.

Gun would strictly be for mule deer and elk hunting out to 500 yards (I would get the 308 chamber offering) and would anticipate still about 1400 ft lbs of energy at 500 yards
I have recently recieved my Long ranger nature special addition. it took me almost 2 months to get since it had to be imported from IRun Guns. I purchased the full Monty costom as a pearl for my safe. I was not disappointe, it looks great and well worth the weigh.. until i shot it. the first trip to the range was plagued with stoppages either the bolt would get stuck going forward and it was harder then pull starting a 80s hardly to get it UN stuck. when it did fire getting the lever to open and eject needed 2 hands in excessive pulling to open. Cycling using my back hand was out. Im not a dainty guy and the Back hand push is half of my 300 bench press.

I've had other issues with guns when new. I have a 357 mares leg that's picky and jams often, but I'll eventually burnish the round guide so it doubt get stuck plopping the nose up for next round chamber Chiappa scorpion mares leg). So I send an email email and they suggested trying other ammunition and the boys at the range said much the same.

So I cleaned it a bit, put X9 (forget name ?9 good lube) have used 3 brands of ammo, one was bulk xmetal, the other was a a 20 box of basic Winchester x 150g and one mag was a buddies reloads. all loaded or ejected on average terribly. I was able to shoot a full 4 rd mag non stop but I had to use the 1920s chest exercises (dude pulling springs apart in front of chest..ok I'm old lol) and used a lot if muscle to open it and eject the round.

agian the range bunnies were eager to share thier diagnoses and we proved using all 3 different round without fireing but just cycling it seems fine. Even my snap caps chamber and eject beautifully.

I have a 240 case of lake city comming and a really sxpensive box of Winchester supreme. If it's A matter of breaking it in I'll keep going all day but Im frustrated since my bcl 102 chewed and spit every taker flawlessly at half the price of my Henry, and I probably would still be using it if my black face Prime Minister didn't make me a criminal and banned it.

to be rounded in my review. It shot well, the sights that came with are allready close to zero. The ball of flame comming out of the barrel with no break was impressive for my buddy, The kick was unexpected. I have a Marlin 45-70 Dark SBL and it is considerably less recoil, but that may be due to the nice butt stock shoulder cushion. And I love the look and feel. Im Grasping at straws lime breaking in period or ammo because I really do not want to send it back since if the purchasing timeline to recieved it was 2 months I'm looking at 4 months to get it back or replaced. So post hunting season.

ill pop in to update but if anyone has seen the same I would appreciate the input. And Henry,

frankly I expected more.
Sgt Skeevey
Rtrd

I was not impressed with the grouping in the one magazine article I read. I have a 1978 BLR in 243 with a cheap Tasco scope and it shoots as well as a bolt rifle at 200 yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.